lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2018, 09:04 AM   #1
oceantrav
Getting Wild

Default Best price on a new Yamaha Drive 2??

Looking to get a new cart. What is a good deal OTD?

How does financing work on these? Can pay cash, but want to help my credit. Got great credit but the only thing hurting it is length of loans. Averaging around 6 months currently. So wouldn’t mind a small cart loan for 5 years
oceantrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2018, 12:03 PM   #2
yamahag1cart
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Best price on a new Yamaha Drive 2??

I'd just suggest looking at listings on eBay and local sellers sites to see aprox. what people are paying for the year cart you are looking at - If you can pay cash, why wouldn't you?! 5 years of compounding interest means you'll way overpay!

..Unless of course you buy new / from a dealer that is offering 0% financing, but even then you could probably land a better deal walking in with cash in your pocket! Good luck on your search and let us know what you end up with! Can't go wrong with a Yamaha whichever model you choose!
yamahag1cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:09 PM   #3
oceantrav
Getting Wild

Called around do 3 different Yamaha dealers, and one dealer that sells used carts.

First dealer was selling 2018’s with back seat for $8,000 plus tax. Almost colors no wiggle room on price.

Second dealer had 2018’s without back seat, for $6900 plus tax. A few different color options

Third dealer had one new 2017, that had a big scratch on hood. Had long top, rear seats, and color I didn’t like. Was $7000 with tax included. Probably was the best deal.

Then a dealer that sells used carts had a 2017 I liked used, 22 hours, rear seat, and got him to $6400 OTD.

So if anyone is looking, those are the prices I was getting in GA.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:11 PM   #4
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Wow! That's expensive but I guess that's what new golf carts are costing these days. You're in GA so I'd say you're going to get the better deal of any surrounding state. Just best guess ( I've compared camper prices in the past ) from state to state. Alabama would be my next best price choice.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:15 PM   #5
oceantrav
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
Wow! That's expensive but I guess that's what new golf carts are costing these days. You're in GA so I'd say you're going to get the better deal of any surrounding state. Just best guess ( I've compared camper prices in the past ) from state to state. Alabama would be my next best price choice.
The basic fleet models without fuel gauge/hour meter, and lights are a little cheaper.

Also, the ezgo’s are a lot cheaper.

This time around I wanted the new Yamaha with efi and quite version they just came out with. So was a little more pricey
Old 01-23-2018, 08:25 PM   #6
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantrav View Post
The basic fleet models without fuel gauge/hour meter, and lights are a little cheaper.

Also, the ezgo’s are a lot cheaper.

This time around I wanted the new Yamaha with efi and quite version they just came out with. So was a little more pricey
I never much cared for the Ezgo's. I've owned them but I couldn't the frame construction with the pot metal. New one's may be different. Yamaha (older models) were always the best choice for me. Well made and plenty of options for mods.

Good luck with your buying. I hope you find a really good deal on a new one. Let us know what you end up with too.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:46 PM   #7
oceantrav
Getting Wild

Went with the used 2017 with 22 hours for $6400 after taxes.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:50 PM   #8
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Guess I didn't read close enough. Get us some pic's if you can.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:32 PM   #9
QB100
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantrav View Post
Looking to get a new cart. What is a good deal OTD?

How does financing work on these? Can pay cash, but want to help my credit. Got great credit but the only thing hurting it is length of loans. Averaging around 6 months currently. So wouldn’t mind a small cart loan for 5 years

Dave Ramsey wouldn't be pleased with you... best credit score is 0... pay with cash! you can usually get a better deal if you have a wad of Ben Franklins in you hand...
QB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:03 AM   #10
Mandtra
Not Yet Wild

I purchased my 2018 ptv out the door rear seat kit , windshield , hub cabs $6700 out the door
Mandtra is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha