lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2018, 07:31 PM   #1
cardsrok
Getting Wild

Default 1982 G1 carb replacement, new or aftermarket?

I have a 1982 G1 with a worn out carburetor. I don't see any new ones out there and the aftermarkets I see are for every other year but the 82. What is the differences in the carbs for those years? Can they be modified to fit the 82? Are they even worth a darn? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
cardsrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2018, 11:17 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: 1982 G1 carb replacement, new or aftermarket?

I don't know how worn out it is, but rebuilding an OEM carb with OEM parts is usually better than a $15 china carb.

Not sure if new parts are available, though...

https://www.tntgolfcar.com/catalog/p...category/2479/
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:28 AM   #3
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

the bodies are identical outside other than j17 (82) being stamped on them.

Its the jetting that is different. Id say 1 out of 3 of those Chinese carbs work.
Ive seen where some people have installed those on the 82's with no issues others seem to run rich.

you can try using your jets in the Chinese carb. or just stealing the internals and rebuilding your stocker.

check out this guys awesome post
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...rburetors.html
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:12 PM   #4
griffo002
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I found aa MIKUNI dealer here in Aussie that sold genuine parts for them....I got 4 different pilot jets..a 42.45.47.5 and a 50....I could not tell what diff they made at all so I left the 45 original in...I tried a Chinese aftermarket one and the fuel poured out the overflow at revs...it went ok at low revs. As Mike said you can get rebuild kits but if the shafts are worn that a major problem.
I did find a site that sold the original Mikuni but it was about $295 from memory...I could not justify that at that price.
griffo002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:25 PM   #5
cardsrok
Getting Wild

Thanks for the replies. I got a knockoff for it. It seemed to be ok but we used the old float bowl on the new carb because it was a better fit. I haven't driven it that much but will get a better idea of how it performs this weekend. Now on to post about an 81 that I bought for $200. Thanks again.
cardsrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:17 AM   #6
Lochlin
Gone Wild

The Chinese carbs are what they are.....disposable. I use them in a couple of carts and they work fine......when they work. mikeasis is right, maybe half of them work out of the box so make sure you order two or 3! Still better than $300 for an OEM but $15 is what it is.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha