lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2019, 04:06 PM   #1
ezgo04
Not Yet Wild

Default No spark on 2013 Yamaha Drive G29

I recently bought a 2013 Yamaha Gas that was in pretty bad shape. Ive went through and cleaned all fuel lines, new filer, new carburetor, air filter, spark plug, ignition coil with wire, new battery, etc. the engine will turn over and after a little bit it seems to flood just because the spell of fuel is strong but it still seems like I’m not getting the spark at the plug. Some kid had this cart and has cut a lot of the wires so I’m still trying to find out where everything goes. The wiring on the starter generator has been changed a little also, so I’m still making sure that’s all in the right place. The wiring diagram doesn’t seem to show everything like I need. Just trying to see if anybody has a check list of things I need to check in order to try and narrow down the issue instead of just throwing parts at it. Not sure if it could be something easy like the stop relay perhaps. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
ezgo04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2019, 04:23 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: No spark on 2013 Yamaha Drive G29

First, download the right wiring diagram for your cart. If you printed one from an image online, they're hard to read.
http://www.courtesygolfcars.com/yamaha-schematics

Go through and trace every single wire end to end. If stuff has been changed around, put it back to the way it shows in the manual to have come from the factory. Take the time and do that now and first. OTherwise you are just going to be chasing your tail.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 05:17 PM   #3
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

As normal CP241 is all over it. 100% make sure wiring is like factory. No hopefully or probably. It sucks to do wiring. Probably the worst actually but a must.

Sent from my LG V35 using Tapatalk
drift240se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:13 PM   #4
ezgo04
Not Yet Wild

Ok great, just by looking at the diagram on that link I’ve already found a couple wires that I know aren’t there. This should be fun haha thanks again guys. Is there any tips to test the starter generator to see if it’s operating correctly? Thanks again
Old 01-21-2019, 08:08 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

My advice... dont bother trying to test anything until you've confirmed all the wiring is high and tight. Incorrect wiring will invalidate any testing you may do.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:36 PM   #6
ezgo04
Not Yet Wild

Sounds good. Thank you
Old 01-23-2019, 02:07 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Unlpug the plug in front of the of the motor with a black and a blue wire. If the cart has no spark with that unplugged, the coil is bad. Yes, it works with the plug disconnected, those wires "ground out" the coil to kill spark when it's supposed to be "off".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drive, g29, yamaha gas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha