lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2019, 01:16 PM   #11
sjrisner
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Batteries require a lot of water

In the summer every 2-3 weeks. In the winter monthly. There are times that I would add 2/3 of a gallon across the 6 batteries.
sjrisner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2019, 01:23 PM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Were the plates ever exposed? If not, be sure and tell the cart place that you added water every two or three weeks, and that the plates were never exposed.

I agree with the consensus, that's way too much water, and I'd blame the charger. Hopefully you got the batteries and charger from the same place?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:27 PM   #13
sjrisner
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes I did get everything from the same place. The plates were exposed on a couple cells after being discharged this summer and I immediately added enough water to cover the plates.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:27 PM   #14
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

If you have the ERIC charger you NEED to change the charge algorithm to match what brand batteries you have. Trojan batteries will be overcharged and will severely outgas during charging if you use the factory loaded charge algorithm in the ERIC charger.

Use the links in this post to get the proper algorithm which should be #3 for Trojan T-875. Use the Delta-Q IDAT software to verify the charge profile has uploaded correctly.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1575629

Also if this were posted in the Club Car section instead of EZ-Go you might get quicker help. Maybe one of the Mods will move it.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:38 PM   #15
sjrisner
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Great information - thank you. Good feedback on the post location - my inexperience on that mistake...
Old 02-13-2019, 04:18 PM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Also if this were posted in the Club Car section instead of EZ-Go you might get quicker help. Maybe one of the Mods will move it.
Good point. I saw CC, but assumed batteries are batteries. However, once folks started blaming the charger, I had already forgotten this was a CC.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:50 PM   #17
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Good point. I saw CC, but assumed batteries are batteries. However, once folks started blaming the charger, I had already forgotten this was a CC.
To the same extent that a battery is a battery is not a battery... a charger is a charger is not a charger...

The new smart chargers are quite a bit different than the old transformer buzz box chargers and they are often programmed to charge batteries according to the battery manufacturers recommended voltage and current to get optimum charge and battery life. This varies pretty widely between battery makers and between different sizes of batteries. So what works for one battery, may be totally wrong for another and may over charge, or under charge the battery. Chronic over or undercharging will kill the battery just as quickly as poor maintenance habits.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, watering
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car