lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2020, 02:36 PM   #21
Brown32
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Battery info

Outstanding. I found where you posted that somewhere else on here after I posted. I will give that a try.
Brown32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2020, 06:59 PM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown32 View Post
Outstanding. I found where you posted that somewhere else on here after I posted. I will give that a try.
If several "equalization" charges doesn't re-balance the pack to within about 0.1V between individual batteries, hit the low ones with a 6V charger for a few hours.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 08:01 AM   #23
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

do the chargers have to be programmed to the battiers you have in it when you switch brands or sizes? I had to do that with my scissor lift in order to get it to do the charging cycle correct
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 09:45 AM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldair View Post
do the chargers have to be programmed to the battiers you have in it when you switch brands or sizes? I had to do that with my scissor lift in order to get it to do the charging cycle correct
Some, but not all, of the more modern chargers can be tailored for the make/model of the batteries, while most of the legacy units can't. If you have a charger with user selectable charging profiles, than the correct or closest profile available for your batteries ought to be used.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:13 PM   #25
Nottoosmart
Not Yet Wild

Can you replace 6 6 volt batteries with 3 12 volt? It all adds up to 36 volts.
Nottoosmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:10 AM   #26
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nottoosmart View Post
Capacity, the ability of the battery pack to move your cart along over time, is reduced. Capacity typically lowers as cell size is reduced to pack more cells into a higher voltage package.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:40 AM   #27
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nottoosmart View Post
Yes, but the distance you can travel on a single charge is only about half as far and you will use up more than twice the percentage of storage capacity to travel a given distance, so the 12V battery's cradle to grave lifespan will be less than half of a 6V battery's lifespan.

If you only use the cart to dive a 1/4 to the mailbox and back each day, a 3x12V pack might be marginally acceptable, but if you use the cart for much more than that us a 6x6V pack.
Old 06-04-2020, 04:24 AM   #28
m3mav
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Please let me know if I'm in the right place, new to the boards and the carting world. I have a question about my batts.... I've found that they need to be filled fairly often, like once a week only a few cells on each battery? They're 2016 US batts, 4 12v's, 48v in a daily driver. Are they at the end of their lifespan?

Thanks in advance!
m3mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 11:07 AM   #29
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3mav View Post
Please let me know if I'm in the right place, new to the boards and the carting world. I have a question about my batts.... I've found that they need to be filled fairly often, like once a week only a few cells on each battery? They're 2016 US batts, 4 12v's, 48v in a daily driver. Are they at the end of their lifespan?

Thanks in advance!
Using more water is a sign of aging and 4 years is a fairly typical lifespan for cart batteries. Possibly better than average for 12V batteries in your climate.
Old 07-26-2020, 08:58 PM   #30
Captain Claptrap
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Yes, but the distance you can travel on a single charge is only about half as far and you will use up more than twice the percentage of storage capacity to travel a given distance, so the 12V battery's cradle to grave lifespan will be less than half of a 6V battery's lifespan.

If you only use the cart to dive a 1/4 to the mailbox and back each day, a 3x12V pack might be marginally acceptable, but if you use the cart for much more than that us a 6x6V pack.
What if you did 2 banks of 3 12's so essentially you have them in parallel. Would that make it a wash and restore the trip capacity of the original 6 in series? Any drawbacks to such a config?
Captain Claptrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO