lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2021, 05:58 PM   #21
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lesters Summit 2 Charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Either will work, but the 650 is less expensive (and less wattage)
So the 650w will do just as well as the 1050w. Or would I be better off in the long run getting the 1050w? If I'm reading it correctly the 650w is 13.5a and the 1050w is 22a. Is the 1050w model at 22a too much amperage?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2021, 11:18 PM   #22
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

No sir, not at all. It will charge faster as it is a stronger bulk charger. I forget the calculation, but it is "x" amps/cell for bulk charging. You have 24 cells....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 11:19 PM   #23
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

The Summit II and ERIC's (Delta-Q's) are both 650w.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 07:16 AM   #24
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
No sir, not at all. It will charge faster as it is a stronger bulk charger. I forget the calculation, but it is "x" amps/cell for bulk charging. You have 24 cells....
Which one would you get? The extra cost for the 1050W is not an issue IF it would be the better route to go. Or will the 650W do the job just fine. Just trying to not kick myself if I buy the 650w and regret not getting the 1050w.

I may be over thinking this and the 650w model will do the job just fine.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:16 AM   #25
sycraft
Not Yet Wild

I say bigger is better, I was in the same situation as you, I opted for the 1050 unit...
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 09:03 AM   #26
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

One does not charge any better than the other.

It is matter of how long you have to charge and in practical terms it is mainly a difference if you were charging very large AH batteries like in a fork lifter between shifts.

The bulk charge phase is responsible for 70% of the charge so the 22amps charger will charge that first 70% in about 60% of the time of the 13 amps.

If you only have less than 6 hours to fully charge your batteries before you need to use your cart again, the 1050w is the solution, however if you have 10+ hours (overnight) to charge them, the 650w will still have them fully and properly charged by morning.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:04 AM   #27
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post

It is matter of how long you have to charge and in practical terms it is mainly a difference if you were charging very large AH batteries like in a fork lifter between shifts.

The bulk charge phase is responsible for 70% of the charge so the 22amps charger will charge that first 70% in about 60% of the time of the 13 amps.

If you only have less than 6 hours to fully charge your batteries before you need to use your cart again, the 1050w is the solution, however if you have 10+ hours (overnight) to charge them, the 650w will still have them fully and properly charged by morning.
TY. Makes sense now.
Old 01-07-2021, 12:45 PM   #28
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post

What wattage output is the PowerDrive charger?

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 01:00 PM   #29
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It is kind of tricky the way they report the ratings, but approximately DC max output:
PowerDrive 816W
PowerDrive 2 624W
PowerDrive 3 696W
Some new chargers also have a pulse type output they claim works better than a higher constant current output.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:57 AM   #30
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

This Summit II 650W vs 1050W question has been tossed around before. I'm glad Sergio (as usual) got a hold of it right here and really cleared it up, for me also. Thanks!
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car