lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2021, 10:28 PM   #1
John_A51
Not Yet Wild

Default 99 DS PD+ Wiring Issues

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here. I've read the forum to answer several of my questions but I've come to a roadblock and I need some help.

I have a 99 CC DS PD+ 48V that I bought in December to drive around the neighborhood with the kids. It had an Alltrax DCX controller that was having some issues so I decided just to strip it down to the frame and start over. I now have the following equipment and a cart that still has issues....

New Alltrax XCT48500 PD+ and HD Solenoid from Scotty B
Alltrax Bluetooth Module
New D&D 502-0002 motor
Replaced V-Glide with MCOR4 conversion kit from Revolution Golf Cars
New Trojan T-875
New 2 gauge cables
Pretty much new everything except run/tow and OBC

So after replacing everything but the OBC, guess what..... The Alltrax tech support guy told me that my OBC is telling the controller to shut down. The cart will move in reverse for about 10 seconds before stopping. When I try to go forward, it jolts and stops. The tech support guy had me make a log on the computer and email it to him. He determined that the controller thinks that the cart is charging. Before I go and cut more wires and buy a new charger, can someone please take a look at the photos I attached and make sure that I connected this thing correctly? I took the harness off and followed each wire from the harness while trying to put it back to the stock configuration from the DCX setup.

Per the wiring diagram in the CC manual for this model, the blue (solid) wire from the solenoid should run to the sonic weld with the blue from the OBC, red/white from the F/R, Orange/White from the harness, red from the harness, and red from the reverse buzzer (pic 1).

Per the Alltrax diagram, the blue from the solenoid should run to the sonic weld with the white from OBC, green from the Key Switch, and black from the Run/Tow. I went with this option because that's what Alltrax had but it seemed odd so instead of cutting off the sonic weld and soldering those four wires together, I just used a spice connector until I knew that it was correct. The Alltrax guy didn't seem to think it mattered so hopefully it is okay.

Here are my questions:

1. Is the blue wire from the solenoid correct?

2. If it is correct, I will be bypassing the OBC and getting a new charger. I read 10 different posts about this and my head is spinning. From what I understand, I am supposed to cut the black wire from the charging port to the OBC and connect it to the pack negative, eliminate the grey wire from the charging port, and connect the blue and white wire from the OBC harness. I want to get rid of the OBC all together....like physically remove the entire thing from the cart. What do I do with the yellow and green going to the 16 pin harness and the red/white that ties into the tow/run? The brown wire goes to the dash light which I will be sending to the landfill along with the OBC. I don't anticipate ever wanting to switch this back to stock.

Thanks in advance for your help. I look forward to actually getting this thing on the road.

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDPLUS OEM .jpg (200.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Alltrax Diagram.jpg (221.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg my wiring.jpg (213.1 KB, 0 views)
John_A51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2021, 11:02 PM   #2
biphase
Gone Wild

Default Re: 99 DS PD+ Wiring Issues

The explanation given by Alltrax tech support that the controller thinks the cart is charging seems to be incorrect. If the controller thinks that the cart is charging, the solenoid should not click and the cart should not move at all. The original GE controller used in that cart used the input on pin 6 (yellow wire) as the charger inhibit signal. Are you able to connect your laptop to the controller and determine whether charger inhibit is enabled or not?
biphase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:31 PM   #3
John_A51
Not Yet Wild

Are you referring to the option circled in the attached photo? He had me change it to the other option and the cart wouldn't move at all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Interlock.jpg (192.8 KB, 0 views)
John_A51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 07:28 AM   #4
biphase
Gone Wild

You are looking at the "controller settings" display which describes the type of input the controller will recognize as a charger inhibit signal. I was referring to the "monitor" display which should show whether the controller is being inhibited at the present time. The fact that the cart attempts to move is proof that the controller is not being inhibited by the charger. It seems there is some other problem which is causing the cart only to jerk in FWD and run only for a few seconds in reverse.
biphase is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car