lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2021, 09:29 AM   #1
Theorangeman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Soundbar for Golf Cart

I have someone building me a custom Club Car Tempo. I've selected everything for the cart except for speakers. For those who have experience using soundbars on golf carts, I have a few questions...

1. What soundbar would you recommend?

2. I am mostly going to play golf with my cart, so is a soundbar sort of an over-kill? While playing, I don't really want to blast my music for others to hear. However, I do want good sound and occasionally I can see the family taking it out on the street where we would play the music a bit louder. I'm really trying to decide on whether to go with a soundbar or something more discreet.

3. Hooking this up to my cart's power, does this draw much power? I really like the idea of using the golf cart's power so I don't have to deal with charging my speaker. However, if it really drains the battery on the cart, maybe I'll look at battery options instead.

4. What would the ideal size be for mounting it behind the front seats from the top of the cart? I see that the Bazooka Party Bar comes in 24 and 36 inches for example.

5. Does anyone have an aftermarket speaker that is placed from the ceiling and more concealed sort of like what Club Car offers if buying from them. Something like the pic below...

https://www.clubcar.com/-/media/proj...15&iar=0&w=600

This speaker is $490 - I like it as it has storage built in as well. However, is $490 way too much for what you get? There is also this option for $345....

https://www.golfcartgarage.com/club-...hopping%20Item
Theorangeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2021, 12:29 PM   #2
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

Default Re: Soundbar for Golf Cart

great googly moogly! that speaker is huge, as a tall guy i'd bump my head on that getting in/out and probably anytime i lean forward. unless you want to get thrown off the golf course just buy a bluetooth speaker and play it off your phone. i have a waterproof oontz angle that i bought for $17 that will play music for 15 hour between charges. it has plenty of volume for my rock n roll brain.

Oontz Angle 3 is new and improved and still only $26. i bought one of these for my son to use in his shop

you can velcro it to the dash or roof, i bent up a sheet metal shelf in place of the course map holders

Attached Images
File Type: jpg cc stereo.JPG (60.7 KB, 0 views)
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 12:41 PM   #3
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

looking at more bluetooth options, i see that oontz angle is now available in a 2 speaker configuration with left and right speakers for only $70. while i like the single speaker for taking to the beach or on the deck, this 2 speaker might be what you need

amazon.com/Portable-Bluetooth-Speakers-Enhanced-Superior

Old 05-21-2021, 07:20 PM   #4
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I keep toying with the idea of adding a soundbar but out little sony SRS-XB20 speaker that’s got one of those Velcro mounts puts out plenty of volume without pissing off the neighbors which I would surely do after a few cocktails and rocking out!
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 08:49 AM   #5
Timinator
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Just get a new model JBL Boombox 2 and be done with it. They do everything and sound great and are portable. Velcro it down somewhere.
Timinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 09:55 AM   #6
Theorangeman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timinator View Post
Just get a new model JBL Boombox 2 and be done with it. They do everything and sound great and are portable. Velcro it down somewhere.
Yeah, probably a smart move. However, I really don't want to fool around with charging the battery. Since I don't intend to play my music very loud, I'll probably go with the Club Car system that fits into the top of the canopy. I like the more discreet look than that of a soundbar.
Old 05-24-2021, 11:58 AM   #7
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

before you drop $400 on a boombox that is 19.1"x7.9"x10.1" where would you put it?
try the oontz or any other similar sized bluetooth speaker, you'll be mildly surprised at the sound
and it will actually fit in the golf cart
Old 05-24-2021, 07:03 PM   #8
Theorangeman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I decided on the Club Car speaker that sits flush with the ceiling and also provides a little storage. I know it's more than it should cost and probably not the best sound for the dollar, but really more in line with what I want. The soundbar option is way overkill for my purposes the more I thought about it and a battery powered one is not what I want to deal with - I don't want to mess with batteries. When I get it installed, I'll take a pic!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car