lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2021, 10:07 PM   #1
bradwall1922
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery Longevity & Power Issues with 2017 RXV - Toying with Idea of Lithium

Hi all - first post. We acquired a 2017 RXV off a golf cart fleet. Had a light kit with horn and turn signals added. We've had it about 18 months, so the batteries are 4-5 years old (i assume) and I've added water routinely. Cart is also programmed to run in freedom mode. 4x12v setup.

Recently we've had issues in that it will go very slow up hills, and not long after pulling off the charger and driving around. We only use in our neighborhood. Flat roads aren't as much of a concern, but any uphill slope creates a slowdown. My toddler could outrun it uphill after running for only about 10 minutes.

Thinking it's just time to replace the batteries, but as a complete newb without any sort of technical savvy when it comes to these things, I would like to know if there are any other potential causes for these issues. Also toying with the idea of just pulling the trigger on a lithium kit.

Located about 40 min north of Atlanta if anyone has a recommendation on who to call.

Thanks All!
bradwall1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2021, 04:25 AM   #2
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Default Re: Battery Longevity & Power Issues with 2017 RXV - Toying with Idea of Lithium

If the idea of lithium is in your head, go for it. Depending on which set up you go with. I can say the Roy Pow 105ah Is a great set up. But there are many to chose from depending on your dealer. They can be expensive but the run time you will gain will make it worth every penny.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO