lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #21
gaston
Gone Wild

Default Re: ez go battery diagram electric

Gorno, hate to correct you here, I can see (I am 35 y.o. with 20/20 ) the labels POS on the 3 back batteries and the NEG on the front ones and they seem to be wired correctly.
If you pay accurate attention to the sticked EXIDE labels on batteries, only the battery number 1 has those backwards but the NEG and POS post are correctly wired.
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2009, 09:42 PM   #22
tia1971
Getting Wild

Well I am a she and maybe that is why i am having a hard time because I do not know anything about all of this but i am trying to learn. I have attached the photo with the words so everyone will understand what it is you are looking at when it comes to the positive and negative. Plus I numbered them 1 through 6 that way we can all understand which battery I need to change if later someone advises me to do something. thank you all i will try and work on borrowing another charger tomorrow. I will also try to get a voltage read tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1404withredletters copy.jpg (59.3 KB, 57 views)
tia1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #23
tia1971
Getting Wild

Do I have to disconnect all the batteries to hook up a regular charger or can I just hook it up to the post while connected to the other batteries like they are right now?
Old 07-27-2009, 10:01 PM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

NO, but, why do you want to hook up a regular cherger?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:14 PM   #25
tia1971
Getting Wild

well when I posted that my charger was not coming on someone posted that I needed to hook it up to a 6 volt battery charger and charge up each battery until it is enough to for the golf cart charger to work.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:05 PM   #26
gaston
Gone Wild

no need to disconnect wiring, just hook up the 6 volt charger to each battery or 12v charger every 2 batteries, that will bring them back to life hopefully... how long they were sitting without charge? and what are the voltage readings for each batt right now?
Old 07-27-2009, 11:19 PM   #27
tia1971
Getting Wild

Well it has been about 1 year since I messed with it because I did not know what was wrong with the golf cart. I would chart the golf cart until the charger went off sometimes it would be on charge for 1 or 2 days. When I would run the golf cart it would only run about 15 minutes and then die.

Oh and one time before I got my new batteries; the kids were ridding it and it like got really hot and smoke and fire. I would not let them get back on it until I got new batteries because I thought that was the problem. But even with the new batteries and charging it really good the cart would not run long. So like I said earlier I did not have any more money to put into the golf cart after spending money on used all used batteries and then buy all new batteries. It took a lot of my money so I just parked it under the shed. I hate to see it just sitting there I could really get some use out of it around the house and the kids kept begging me to get it working again so that is what I am trying to do. That is why I am on here.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:22 PM   #28
tia1971
Getting Wild

I thought the problem with the cart was I had something wired wrong and that is why it got so hot and then after the new batteries it did not work right either so I said it must me something I did wrong. Oh and the back up horn kept going off so I had to cut that wire several years ago. That was running the battery down at one time. But now with new batteries and no back up horn and still having the same problem I don't know where the problem is since everyone here pretty much agrees my cables are all correct. So now you know the history of the golf cart.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:30 PM   #29
gaston
Gone Wild

It could be a problem with the charger on the beginning not delivering good amperage to batteries, then batteries not charging enough giving short run time.
Right now you need to bring those battery to semi life just to diagnose what else could be wrong, but you need to know that those batteries toasted for normal usage, probably good for diagnosis and a little run.
Please read individual voltage on each battery and then all the pack putting the probes on the battery 1 positive post and battery 6 negative post. Post those readings here.

On other hand, what smoked and fire exactly???
Old 07-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

In addition to the good help you are getting from the expert gaston,
I wanted to educate you on the likes and dislikes of the lead acid batteries. Lead acid batteries do not like to be left in-active for long periods of time. They need moderate exercise to remain healthy. never being drained too low or charged too high.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO