lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #1
cudel
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Finally

Well kids my G1 has been apart for awhile now and i finally got the parts in and ready to pick up and assemble. I CANT WAIT. Going to a bigger piston 25mm with a bigger bore, not sure on the mechanical side but cant wait to get it running. But my question is how can i lighten it up. The with plastic/fiberglass is HEAVY, do i leave it or go light, also with a bigger bore piston etc do i get more power or speed? I want the power not the speed. Id also like to put roll bar on the top and mount my lights on there and has anyone put a wench on the front of there buggy? Im thinking out loud.
cudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2010, 06:06 AM   #2
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Finally

The bigger bore will not make it faster unless you make drivetrain mods to take advantage of the increase in power. It will make it more powerful and quicker to get up to top speed, however. For more power you can install a torque spring. I have had mixed results with this on a G1. It increases your torque, but may cut your top speed as it can keep the clutches from shifting into high gear. Some members have installed shims in the secondary clutch to increase spring tension with good results. I plan on experimenting with that idea this summer.
Lots of guys have installed winches on their buggies. Do a search for info and pix on how they did it. Basically you need to fab up a mount and go from there.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #3
cudel
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Finally

Thanks for the info im not lookin for speed maybe 25mph but would like the power?
cudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha