lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2010, 11:58 PM   #11
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

Default Re: e-z-go 48 volt conversion

then it is a regen or shunt motor powered cart. mine is a series motor it has no regenerative braking
wilster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2010, 12:00 AM   #12
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks, Wilster
kdeerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:11 AM   #13
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

ur welcome and please post back your results when you do the upgrade.good luck
wilster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #14
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK, Wilster, I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeerman View Post
I am planning to convert my 2004 e-z-go series
cart to 48 volt. I have to buy new batts for the ezgo anyway, so I thought I would go with 6-8 volt batteries. I have read that 8-6 volt batteries would have more range, but if it is true that the 6-8 volts have 33% more that 6-6 volts, that will be fine with me, and also lighter in weight. I want to buy an alltrax 400 or 500 amp controller later. Will my present controller work for now? Will I need a 48 volt relay? What else? The cart I an planning to convert is the one in the picture to the left. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I plan to use it for hunting/joy riding in hilly/muddy areas. WIll I need to upgrade the motor?

Thanks
Anyone else done this?
Old 03-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #15
DoubleTake
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Did this to mine. Put in 6- 8 volt batteries. You will need a 48 volt solenoid and a new contoller. I run the Alltrax 500 amp. I am also running the stock 36 volt motor. I take it your EZGO is a series and your Club Car is a regen. You are wanting to fix up your EZGO not your Club Car right?
DoubleTake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #16
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTake View Post
Did this to mine. Put in 6- 8 volt batteries. You will need a 48 volt solenoid and a new contoller. I run the Alltrax 500 amp. I am also running the stock 36 volt motor. I take it your EZGO is a series and your Club Car is a regen. You are wanting to fix up your EZGO not your Club Car right?
Yes, that's correct DoubleTake. What type charger are you using? I'm sure there was a noticeable difference, especially with the alltrax 500. Will 48 volts increase the speed? I am at about 12.5 mph on level ground now. OK if it doesn't, just wondered, I am really looking for torque. What was your reason for the conversion?
Did the conversion make a huge difference? What size cables did you use?
Old 03-15-2010, 04:37 PM   #17
DoubleTake
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not sure on the charger. I got it new here locally. I think it is universal with just a quick connect on the end for different carts. It can charge gel or flooded batteries. Its smaller than the 36 volt charger also. BIG difference between 36 and 48. We had the Alltrax before 48 volts. It was a little faster and had more torque when installed on 36 volts. When went to 48 you could really tell. I think the speed is around 20 mph. We rode our 4wheeler with a speedo next to it. Plenty of torque for you. We climbed a muddy hill with two people and 300 lbs of deer in the back. It does everything we ask. It doesnt take long to smoke the stock F&R switch though. Reason for conversion: needed new batteries and had been wanting 48 volts and to go faster. I used 4 gauge cables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeerman View Post
Yes, that's correct DoubleTake. What type charger are you using? I'm sure there was a noticeable difference, especially with the alltrax 500. Will 48 volts increase the speed? I am at about 12.5 mph on level ground now. OK if it doesn't, just wondered, I am really looking for torque. What was your reason for the conversion?
Did the conversion make a huge difference? What size cables did you use?
DoubleTake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #18
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

DoubleTake,

Thanks for all the info, I wasn't sure about the change, but now I am. I will probably sell my gas cart and the club car before the investment. Are those 22 or 23" tires you are running? I have 20" now.
Thanks
Old 03-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #19
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is the solenoid under the cover with the controller?
Old 03-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #20
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just read a post from March of '08, and you said you're brakes were about gone. Mine aren't that good, Did you get them repaired?

PS-just curious, how long has your cart been 48 volt?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO