lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2019, 08:26 PM   #31
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: axle bearing and seal replacement.

has anyone come across an axle that the new bearing will not seat ? old one slides off and the new one slides on the axle with little effort and once you pop the axle back in, its slides back and forth in the inner race of the bearing. does anyone have a fix, other than replacing the axle. I come across this problem frequently at work and was wondering if anyone else has come up with a solution other than replacing the entire axle. thanks in advance.
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2019, 06:32 PM   #32
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If you need bearing to fit tighter to the axle,assuming you have correct bearing but just slightly worn axle.
Make several “small” dimples around diameter of axles bearing surface with center punch.
This with make bearing a tighter fit onto axle.

Be aware Although I have used this method many times in automotive repairs, I have not yet replaced my rear cart axle bearings so not sure how “snug” bearing needs to be on axle.😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:50 PM   #33
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Cobra,1

in the past I have welded small tacks around the axle and filed them down. very time consuming. I hoping to have some responses regarding using Loctite 641 retaining compound or similar.

thanks for your response.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:02 PM   #34
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I’ve used the green lock tite before when seating a sleeve on a shaft. But it’s permenent so may make future bearing replacement a bit more difficult?
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 06:44 PM   #35
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I ordered the medium version Loctite 641, from Amazon last night. so I can hopefully remove the bearing in the future. It will be the first time I try it and it will be on my own cart. Hopefully it will help with the problem. I figure for $17 bucks over the cost of new axles, its worth a try.
Old 02-20-2020, 09:14 PM   #36
rkr1
Not Yet Wild

I need to check and refill the rear axle oil. I do not find the fill check oil screw. I only find the ventilation on the axle. It is a EZGO electric cart 2010.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
rkr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:51 AM   #37
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkr1 View Post
I need to check and refill the rear axle oil. I do not find the fill check oil screw. I only find the ventilation on the axle. It is a EZGO electric cart 2010.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
You should start your own thread about this, including info on the model of cart (ezgo made more than 1 model in 2010).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 06:14 AM   #38
Csaavedra
Not Yet Wild

So I swapped out my ezgo 1997s bearings yesterday. Took less than 20 minutes. Used a toggle bolt and scrap piece of plywood to remove seals, worked out great.
Csaavedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:28 PM   #39
Life
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: axle bearing and seal replacement.

[QUOTE=Csaavedra;1809087]So I swapped out my ezgo 1997s bearings yesterday. Took less than 20 minutes. Used a toggle bolt and scrap piece of plywood to remove seals, worked out great.[/roll:

Hello everyone I have been reading a lot on how to replace a axle bearing here. I have a ezgo 1997 txt and order bearing from Amazon and it does not sit right. And the hub will not go back far enough to lock in the the castle but. What am I missing? Also I have bought to sets of bearings and does not sit well would love help on part # or a link.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1F20A954-4754-4795-B6F9-261726BF2D96.jpg (23.6 KB, 0 views)
Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:24 AM   #40
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It sounds like maybe the bearing is not fully installed (not seated in the correct location)
I use a 6" piece of 3/4 steel pipe to seat the bearing. place the axle in a vice with the bearing end up. Slide the bearing on followed by the pipe. Tap the pipe with a hammer until the bearing is seated in the proper location.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO