lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2010, 10:37 PM   #11
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Auto-Brake Problem III

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartboy View Post
We've got a couple carts that are just locking up and stopping . . . I was on one the other day. Turn the key off and back on, and off you go. It has the new solenoid, so who knows?

I miss that little meter I had when I worked with Club Cars, so you could check out battery information, like if it got a full charge.
they have one for the RXV's...... ask your tech to supply you with one.... they cost quite a bit so he may not be willing to part with one, but it never hurts to ask.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #12
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
they have one for the RXV's...... ask your tech to supply you with one.... they cost quite a bit so he may not be willing to part with one, but it never hurts to ask.

Ask?

I did.

Got a chuckle for an answer.

I asked because a cart barn manager at another course said they got one, and if you have 60 or more carts you get one.

For the aforementioned problem, lock up/shutdown, it could be as simple as it didn't get plugged in/didn't get a full charge, but without a meter . . .
cartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:58 AM   #13
cartboy
Gone Wild

The cart needing a new auto-brake solenoid is still sitting in time-out.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #14
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
The cart needing a new auto-brake solenoid is still sitting in time-out.

Oops, I spoke too soon.

After I left today the pro called to ask what carts needed help, cuz our dealer was there . . . and with solenoids.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #15
cartboy
Gone Wild

We are now in our second full year with our early RVX fleet.

Another fairly frequent problem, but not fleet-wide, is failure to accept the charger. So the cart does not get charged and then fails on the course the next day.

It is important that the cart barn closer walks the barn and looks at the charger lights before leaving, and that the cart barn opener does the same thing first thing in the morning, as a double-check on the closer and to catch carts that decided not to charge some time during the night. Yesterday I opened and two carts had either red lights or no lights on the charger. In our cart barn I don't trust any cart that I did not unplug myself because of the number of times my cart has failed on the first round of marshalling.

I have been wrestling with carts with this problem, trying to keep them monitored, and trying to determine which ones simply failed to get plugged in one night and which ones have an ongoing problem. I have to put suspect carts in our time out area, and be the only one to plug it in and unplug it.

When I worked with Club Cars, this problem was simple. I had a meter, and a window on the dash, and the meter told me 4 things: Used Battery Life in Hours, Remaining Battery Life in Hours, the status of the last charge session, and something else.

I also used the meter to assess the cart usage, to design a plan of where to take carts from each day to help get equal usage of the fleet.
&, I maintain a Log Book, a page for each cart, to identify ongoing problems and record efforts to resolve them. Yes, I did discover that if you park carts in the same row, or take them in the same order every day, some batteries are going to fail sooner than others. That particular fleet had an entire battery switchout after I left there, before the end of its lease period.

Stuff like that is very costly and an ounce of prevention (paying attention) is worth a pound of cure.

As you might have guessed, I can look at a cart (#) and pretty much tell you it's history.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #16
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Oops, I spoke too soon.

After I left today the pro called to ask what carts needed help, cuz our dealer was there . . . and with solenoids.
Now that I think ablout it, we got our solenoids after our Pro emailed his contact at E Z Go headquarters.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #17
cartboy
Gone Wild

Now we're having carts die on the course. 3 one day, 4 another, 5 another.

& I just serviced the batteries 9/7.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:58 PM   #18
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Now we're having carts die on the course. 3 one day, 4 another, 5 another.

& I just serviced the batteries 9/7.
Strange . . . all of the dead carts happened on days I was not there. Today was one of our busiest days, with lots of replays, and no dead carts, at least while I was there, until 3.

Hmmmmm?!

Our E Z Go dealer was here today and emphasized battery maintenance, not just keeping them filled, but also keeping all the terminals clean.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #19
cartboy
Gone Wild

Two more dead carts today. One made it 6 holes, the other not out of the cart barn. Both were properly plugged in all night.

I have no diagnostic meter, so ?????????

Second year with early RXVs.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #20
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

EZGO is ALWAYS going to blame Maintnenance and that your not doing it right, even when they know they have a problem. As a matter of FACT, all manufacturers will blame maintenance before they find fault with there product. When it comes to battery issues, you really need to have all your ducks in a row.

I've dealt with the clowns they send out from the factory, and they will blame a tire 2 pounds off of where it should be as cause of failure.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO