lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #21
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Auto-Brake Problem III

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXEROFCARTS View Post
I've dealt with the clowns they send out from the factory, and they will blame a tire 2 pounds off of where it should be as cause of failure.
Gee I always love being called a clown. Yes, the tech for E-Z-GO have it drilled into them that they are to check for maint. issues, but we are not all mindless idiots. During the time I worked for E-Z-GO, I not only found and reported major design issues, but I worked hand in hand with the courses I serviced to make sure that their carts were generating them as much revenue as possible. After all, without the courses, I would have been out of a job. In the case of these RXV's, there appears to be a battery issue, the service tech has to eliminate EVERY possible cause before calling for a complete change out of batteries on a multi car fleet.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2010, 12:04 PM   #22
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
EZGO is ALWAYS going to blame Maintnenance and that your not doing it right, even when they know they have a problem. As a matter of FACT, all manufacturers will blame maintenance before they find fault with there product. When it comes to battery issues, you really need to have all your ducks in a row.

I've dealt with the clowns they send out from the factory, and they will blame a tire 2 pounds off of where it should be as cause of failure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
Gee I always love being called a clown. Yes, the tech for E-Z-GO have it drilled into them that they are to check for maint. issues, but we are not all mindless idiots. During the time I worked for E-Z-GO, I not only found and reported major design issues, but I worked hand in hand with the courses I serviced to make sure that their carts were generating them as much revenue as possible. After all, without the courses, I would have been out of a job. In the case of these RXV's, there appears to be a battery issue, the service tech has to eliminate EVERY possible cause before calling for a complete change out of batteries on a multi car fleet.
Rabbit, meet Fixer. Fixer, meet Rabbit.

I've got to go to the store for a bit, so play nice, boys. And stay away from the Club Cars. You know how THEY are.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:36 PM   #23
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Rabbit, meet Fixer. Fixer, meet Rabbit.

I've got to go to the store for a bit, so play nice, boys. And stay away from the Club Cars. You know how THEY are.
HEY!!!!!

I'll sic Ike on you!!! He'd love to tear a chunk outta that Z06's azz!!!
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:39 PM   #24
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Ike tries that and all he's gonna get is a rear step!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:30 PM   #25
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Here is a good EZGO story. I did a course that had 90 1997 DCS cars ( we all know how bad these things were) well anyway, the course had a big golf day and needed all the carts plus some that they rented from EZGO. Well this just happens to be the day the EZGO service techs (aka clowns) decided to come and check out the carts for all the issues. Well, the one tech comes and lifts up the seat of one of the cars and says " these batteries have corrosion on them, you need to do a better job of keeping the batteries cleaned" at which point I said, "thats one of the carts your renting to us"
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:09 PM   #26
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
In the case of these RXV's, there appears to be a battery issue,
Tell me more.

We still have carts dying on their first 18. Some have stopped accepting chargers. I can think of a half dozen carts, by number, that I can't rely on.
cartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:43 PM   #27
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

well I know of "recalls" for solenoid issues, battery issues (only if there is no voltage reducer installed), and at least 2 software updates for the controller so far.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:55 AM   #28
Eric_H_E
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Here is a good EZGO story. I did a course that had 90 1997 DCS cars ( we all know how bad these things were) well anyway, the course had a big golf day and needed all the carts plus some that they rented from EZGO. Well this just happens to be the day the EZGO service techs (aka clowns) decided to come and check out the carts for all the issues. Well, the one tech comes and lifts up the seat of one of the cars and says " these batteries have corrosion on them, you need to do a better job of keeping the batteries cleaned" at which point I said, "thats one of the carts your renting to us"
gotta love it
Eric_H_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #29
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
well I know of "recalls" for solenoid issues, battery issues (only if there is no voltage reducer installed), and at least 2 software updates for the controller so far.
Nice to know. Post more as you get them.

I started this thread because we were the first or one of the first to report the solenoid problem. We've seem to have all of ours switched out now, but other stuff is showing up.

Know anything more that might relate to ours dying on the course on their first 18? Sometimes some don't seem to charge at all.

Our dealer/rep told me it was dirty battery terminals, but they are not bad or ignored. When I wash carts, all the batteries, terminals and compartment gets spray-washed.

I have taken care of Club Cars that never got battery terminals cleaned and didn't have problems any time in their 5 year lease.
cartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #30
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not to bash ezgo if it wernt for them I wouldn't have a job they've built a good cart up until the rxv its before its time it was rushed from what I was told. I've changed every part on an rxv about 90 times I've just changed 90 charger recepticles last week. And that handheld computer doesn't tell you much. And those 12 volt b(teries aren't working out even yamaha went back to 6 8volts on the yamaha drive. Ya and when u cadex the batteries and the rear batt is bad u have too pull all of them out to get to it. And I'd bet u if u lined up 100 rxvs I bet none of them would make it 40 miles let alone the 60 they claim.
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO