lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2021, 07:23 PM   #531
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Re: RXV Auto-Brake Problem III

Our business got even more popular and busy since COVID. More people at home, more demand for golf carts. More migraine pills too for myself!

Lately we've had RXVs come in beeping and when I remove the brake it's completely dust inside, as in no disc, just powder. Never know for sure what vaporizes the friction discs but it's becoming common!
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2021, 03:48 PM   #532
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
That's good to hear and glad you are still contributing to the group!
I don't hear that often.

I might add that my course has gotten unbelievably busy, something that could not have been predicted.

Carts are often going out for a second round with no time to put them on a charger.

I am not as involved as I was from 2009 until COVID, 2020, but given the abuse they are getting, they are doing pretty good.

I'm back as a Marshal, not the Outside Supervisor or guy in charge of maintaining the carts. Judging from what little is being maintained or taken care of, it would have been disastrous if we had not switched to LION power packs.

I have not discovered how many rounds I can make as a marshal before a carts dies, but I've been doing 6. On busy days I don't have then option of switching to a fresh cart, so I have been doing a lap, then switching, then another lap, then switching, plugging them back in each time so they can go out for a later tee time.
cartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 09:34 AM   #533
cartboy
Gone Wild

It was too busy to ask the GM what's up, but yesterday there were 6 new RXVs plugged in in the cart barn. I lifted a seat, and they are lead acid.

Our GM is way too smart, and was around for our three fleets of lead acid RXVs, so knows at times 1/2 of them could not be used, and we wound up replacing 1/2 of the batteries.

Plus, he knows he will not have me to keep a fleet of failing carts going.

Hopefully, those six carts are just to help us out with our very-busy course.

Today there is a double-shotgun tournament, 65 carts morning and afternoon, and whatever happens will happen.
Old 11-19-2021, 01:01 PM   #534
cartboy
Gone Wild

We have had four fleets of 65 RXV carts since 2008.

We're at the end of the third or fourth (I lost track) year with the 2018 fleet, the first with the Samsung LION power packs. We have not had any of them, not one, none, fail.

That's better than all the maintenance required on the lead-acid fleets, and having to replace at least half the batteries on all of them.

Since the course does not have me to take care of them any more, it's a good thing they got LION power packs in the last fleet.
Old 11-25-2021, 10:31 AM   #535
Jsquared
Not Yet Wild

I might have missed other solutions, but I switched out my solenoid this weekend on my 2008 48v RXV but the brake continues to lockup. I can turn off the cart and reset the brake, but it eventually locks up again. Typically it’s with the pedal fully pressed. Anyone have any other ideas? Thank you
Jsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO