lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #11
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: disconnecting backup alarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVR View Post
a search will pull up some additional instructions. it's easy to do. don't let the safety police deter you. I will tear a tag off a matress too.
the "safety police" have both his and any innocent bystanders near him in mind. Disconnecting a back up alarm can result in fatal accidents due to people not realizing they are in reverse and hitting the gas.... Next thing you know you just ran over a 4 year old. Don't think it can happen? I've witnessed it with my own eyes and had to make the 911 call while performing CPR on the child.

those back up alarms were installed for a reason. The manufacturers were tired of getting named in lawsuits when someone was injured in an accident. Ever been at an event or golf course and suddenly heard a back up buzzer start up behind you? First thing you do is turn and look to see if you are in the driver's path. I hate the things with a passion (especially the ones that "warble"), but I also make sure they are operational when a cart leaves my shop. What the customer does when he gets it home is his business, but at least I can go to sleep at night knowing I did my best to maintain safety.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2010, 03:52 AM   #12
aussiecart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
the "safety police" have both his and any innocent bystanders near him in mind. Disconnecting a back up alarm can result in fatal accidents due to people not realizing they are in reverse and hitting the gas.... Next thing you know you just ran over a 4 year old. Don't think it can happen? I've witnessed it with my own eyes and had to make the 911 call while performing CPR on the child.

those back up alarms were installed for a reason. The manufacturers were tired of getting named in lawsuits when someone was injured in an accident. Ever been at an event or golf course and suddenly heard a back up buzzer start up behind you? First thing you do is turn and look to see if you are in the driver's path. I hate the things with a passion (especially the ones that "warble"), but I also make sure they are operational when a cart leaves my shop. What the customer does when he gets it home is his business, but at least I can go to sleep at night knowing I did my best to maintain safety.
I too have seen someone run over accidently by a cart that had no reverse buzzer, it wasn't nice and the driver/owner of the cart said he didn't think that he would ever do that, he now has his buzzer on. It's a shame that it took a broken leg to teach him a lesson.
aussiecart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:59 AM   #13
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
I have an '07 EZ Go. Can anyone walk me through the process to disconnect the backup alarm?
Don't park where you have to back up! If you never use reverse, you'll never have to hear the alarm.
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:44 AM   #14
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Mine was in "forward" and I almost hit my F-250. I thought it was in neutral. I was just going to sit there and rev the engine for a little while to get the testosterone flowing. Sitting there, listening to the rev of that PDS electric motor revving to the red line just does something for me.
I'm going to quieten my buzzer one day, but it will definitely still be audible.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:12 AM   #15
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'm not going to hook mine back up, ok?
DVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:03 PM   #16
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVR View Post
I'm not going to hook mine back up, ok?
If it's a question? than no.

If it's a statement, than good luck to you. I hope you are the only victim of your foolish convictions.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:30 PM   #17
OlManRivah
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Back up alarms were put on because golf courses have no idea how responsible the folks are that use their carts.

Not really for the private owner. My garden tractor has no alarm. My riding lawn mower has no alarm. My jeep has no alarm. My Caddy has no alarm. My work truck does. My golf cart needs no alarm.

I never back up without checking the rear. It's called "Being responsible".

I also don't let kids fool with it without close supervision,

If this makes you feel uncomfortable, by all means, keep your warning beeper active.
OlManRivah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:06 PM   #18
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlManRivah View Post
Back up alarms were put on because golf courses have no idea how responsible the folks are that use their carts.

Not really for the private owner. My garden tractor has no alarm. My riding lawn mower has no alarm. My jeep has no alarm. My Caddy has no alarm. My work truck does. My golf cart needs no alarm.

If this makes you feel uncomfortable, by all means, keep your warning beeper active.
But you cant turn off your other vehicles with them still in the reverse gear! That's why they dont have beepers.
I can only tell you that this conversation/argument is as old as this forum. For very person that comes here claiming to not need the buzzer/beeper, there are at least 2 that can tell the story of someone leaving it in reverse and someone else jumping on it and slammin the pedal down thinking they were going forward because, "they never leave it in reverse".
If you leave it connected but muted, no one will leave it in reverse and if they do, you will know it.

Launched with jet skis in the lake,
Ran over the dog,
hit my house/camper,
took out my work bench in the garage,
hit my car,
hit my shed,
hit my pool,
HIT MY KID, MY WIFE, THE NEIGHBORS KID............

As good as you think you are, the buzzer has a purpose, mute it a little, but leave it operational.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:56 PM   #19
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlManRivah View Post

I too check behind me while backing up... I also know if I am not hearing the alarm on my cart, I am not in reverse so I don't have to worry that someone came by while I had my back turned and changed the direction selector to reverse. Kids have an amazing ability to do things (even when closely watched) that can cause an accident. Yes, you have to be responsible, but things happen, why take the chance that bad things are going to happen just because you hate that annoying buzzer that you only have to hear for a few seconds while you are backing up?

You can disconnect your alarm if you feel comfortable doing so, as for me, I worked too hard all my life to acquire the toys and comforts I have to see them all vanish in a lawsuit because I hated hearing a little buzzer and some innocent child got injured in an accident......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:27 AM   #20
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
You can disconnect your alarm if you feel comfortable doing so, as for me, I worked too hard all my life to acquire the toys and comforts I have to see them all vanish in a lawsuit because I hated hearing a little buzzer and some innocent child got injured in an accident......
The back up alarm isn't that bad to me. Now, if I spent most of the cart time backing up, it would be annoying to me. As mentioned, it's only a few seconds backing off of a trailer. Now, if I used it solely as a hunting vehicle, I'd probably be muting it to the point of non-existence since I wouldn't want to have to back up on the trail and then go put it back on the trailer since I just ran off all wildlife that I was out to harvest.

This is a sue crazy society we live in, and for that reason, mine is still just as loud as it was the day I purchased it. I don't care if anyone else disconnects their alarm, but if I or my family member is the one that gets run over because someone else was negligent, then my lawyer will be in touch.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO