lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2010, 09:10 AM   #21
Eric_H_E
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: disconnecting backup alarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlManRivah View Post

Not really for the private owner. My garden tractor has no alarm. My riding lawn mower has no alarm. My jeep has no alarm. My Caddy has no alarm. My work truck does. My golf cart needs no alarm.

can you get off your garden tractor, leave it running and in reverse?
can you get off your riding mower, leave it running and in reverse?
can you get out of your jeep, leave it running and in reverse?
can you get out of your Caddy, leave it running and in reverse?

If alarms are not necessary, why does your work truck have one? Do you get out of it and leave it running in reverse?

Just wondering.
Eric_H_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2010, 10:43 AM   #22
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Olmanrivah,

Not saying this to single out "people in the sunset of life" because I'm getting there fast, but it's even more of an issue with the "sunset club" due to slower reflexes and response time. Although I've never actually hit something, I've come close a time or two. But my dad, 78 years of age, has. His older CC doesn't have a hint of a buzzer on it. In fact, it doesn't even have a ignition switch. It was hot wired by someone before he had it. He got on that thing and rammed it right into his neighbor's pretty little yellow CC. Yep, his rear cargo rack put a nice gash in the front panel of the cart. If he'd only had a working buzzer on it. Point being that it was only the cosmetics of a friend's cart compromised. My mother, his neighbor, or anyone else could have been between those two carts with he plowed into the other one and crushed their bones like stepping on a roach on the floor. Now, my dad is and has always been a very responsible person, retired V.P., treasurer, and accountant director for Farm Bureau Insurance, but this situation could have been really, really bad due to him getting on the cart and not knowing it was in reverse. Just a little wake up story to get one thinking about the old myth that "it only happens to someone else".
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #23
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

On a public forum I think it is just plain irresponsible to advise anyone to do anything other than follow safety rules and best practices including leaving safety devices functional. Collectively we have no idea of who or how old someone is that is reading this forum. Err if you must but do so at your own risk and without this members' (and I suspect the vast majority of this forum's membership) blessing.

You know another approach might be to replace the offending buzzer with an audio device more suited to the individual owner(s) liking. There are many types of whistles/buzzers/bells etc. that are DC 12v-48v capable and produce many different types of audio output. Heck, get one that plays a tune if you must, but as this thread and countless others before it demonstrate, don't just disable it.

Oh, and before it's brought up.....those around your cart can't hear an indicator light on the dash!
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:04 PM   #24
Cart54
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

So how exactly do you get to the horn?
Cart54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:14 PM   #25
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart54 View Post
Through the hornopian tube
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #26
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: disconnecting backup alarm

Depends on the cart where the buzzer is. On PDS carts it's behind the key switch. On the older carts and fleet carts in on the F/R under the seat.
Newer fleet F/R, top black plastic circle thing in picture.

Older carts.
Black circle behind the 2 micro's.

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:47 PM   #27
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Through the hornopian tube
Insert snappy comment here......
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:33 AM   #28
Cart54
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart54 View Post
On my EZGO, I was able to reach up under the hood and above the front mudflap and slap a little piece of masking tape on the hole. Took 30 seconds...wish I would have known this from day 1. The noise is still very audible but no longer piercing.
Cart54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:13 AM   #29
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

Mine is a hunting cart so the buzzer was disconnected when I bought it from my local dealer. Everyone who drives it has been taught, turn key on, CHECK LEVER, and push accelerator just a little to make sure you are going in the direction you want before accelerating.

The first/last time I saw my son jump on it at the hunting camp and just mash the pedal to the floor, front end jumped 6" off the ground and he tore out of there like a bat out of hell...

He spent the rest of the season as a passenger. He drives the cart like he would my truck or he doesn't drive it.

If the cart was mainly for campground, around the house use, etc. I'd have the alarm. Might even put a little switch under the seat to allow me to turn it on off at will. Hmmm.
LizardLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:24 AM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pggroves View Post
On a public forum I think it is just plain irresponsible to advise anyone to do anything other than follow safety rules and best practices including leaving safety devices functional. Collectively we have no idea of who or how old someone is that is reading this forum. Err if you must but do so at your own risk and without this members' (and I suspect the vast majority of this forum's membership) blessing.

You know another approach might be to replace the offending buzzer with an audio device more suited to the individual owner(s) liking. There are many types of whistles/buzzers/bells etc. that are DC 12v-48v capable and produce many different types of audio output. Heck, get one that plays a tune if you must, but as this thread and countless others before it demonstrate, don't just disable it.

Oh, and before it's brought up.....those around your cart can't hear an indicator light on the dash!
I couldn't agree with Mr Groves more Where does he get all that common sense!?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO