lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
firejj
Not Yet Wild

Default 85 gas EZ-GO wont run

I have a 1985 gas EZ-GO that won't run. Has good spark, will run on starting fluid, but plug appears wet. I read on here to check the "fuel shut off solenoid" but in looking @ the manual I see nothing named close to that (so where would I find it and how do I check it). What can I check next to narrow it down??
Thanks in advance, J.J.
firejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 85 gas EZ-GO wont run

I don't think these carts had a shut off... Not sure. I do know to be careful with the frequency of the spraying though. Starting fluid doesnt have the ability to lube the bearings... Just sayin. I would clean the carb and check adjustment...
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:12 AM   #3
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

I would pull the fuel pipe off the carb (point it into a catch jar) and crank the engine. You should see a good jet of fuel. If not remove and clean the fuel lines (possibly a blocked fuel filter?) and fuel pump. The next step is to remove and clean the carb there are three jets that you must remove and ream through with a small piece of wire. There is no fuel shut off solenoid.
As EZ GO GO says, steady with that spray you will eventually cook your bottom end. Better to mix some gas and oil and put it into a little spray bottle.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:31 AM   #4
bauschracing
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

After that, if it still doesn't run you need to check compression. I was told anything around 100 is bad. Should be 125-150.
bauschracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #5
firejj
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the great ideas. I got the 2 golf carts confused. The one I am having trouble with is the 1990 not the the 85 as i previously stated. Will the year change make a difference.
firejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:48 PM   #6
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Not if the engine is the same....
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO