lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
EZGOOD
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 1995 EZ GO Medalist/TXT For Beginners

Hey guys, I've got a '95 EZ GO Medalist/TXT electric. I believe it's 36v (6-6v batteries), basic cart with bag rack on back. I'm going to use it on our place for general use. I'd like to put a light kit on it, put a bed on the back, maybe a 12v accesory plug and new rear tires on it for starters. I'm not familiar with charging it and I believe the charger is not the kind to trickle charge. I'll get some pics of the cart and charger for added info.

Pryor thanks for any and all info you can pass my way!

Jay
EZGOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2010, 02:23 PM   #2
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1995 EZ GO Medalist/TXT For Beginners

if you got the powerwise charger with it it is fully automatic. It will cut off when the battery pack is charged, but it will not cycle on/off once it has cut off.

There are several kinds of light avail for your cart. Check out the site sponsors for some ideas on lights. They will also be able to help you on the 12V aux plug.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:10 AM   #3
EZGOOD
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
if you got the powerwise charger with it it is fully automatic. It will cut off when the battery pack is charged, but it will not cycle on/off once it has cut off.

There are several kinds of light avail for your cart. Check out the site sponsors for some ideas on lights. They will also be able to help you on the 12V aux plug.
Thanks Courtesycart! I did find out that the charger shuts off automatically. We sensed a lack of power Tuesday evening and decided to plug it in. We charged it for about 1 1/2 hours before deciding to unplug it and go to the house (it's in our workshop and away from the house and not knowing anything about it didn't want to keep it plugged in overnight). Yesterday my wife went down and plugged it back in and it took about 3 1/2 hours to shut itself off so I guess it took a total of about 5 hours to reach full charge. So we're slowly learning the basics and I've been kicking around more ideas of my box I'll build for it and how I'll mount it as well as affixing the seat-back and canopy support to it.

Jay
Old 07-29-2010, 08:28 AM   #4
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Jay

Look at the neg post of your batteries, there should be a combination of a letter number like A5 which would stand for Jan 05, this will tell you how old the batteries are, you can also use a meter and check you total pack voltage that will give some indication of what condition the batteries are in. good luck on you upgrade, ask questions.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:19 AM   #5
EZGOOD
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHusker View Post
Jay

Look at the neg post of your batteries, there should be a combination of a letter number like A5 which would stand for Jan 05, this will tell you how old the batteries are, you can also use a meter and check you total pack voltage that will give some indication of what condition the batteries are in. good luck on you upgrade, ask questions.
Thanks Husker! I just talked to the wife and she said they're marked H8. So I can assume they were manufactured in August 2008?
Old 07-30-2010, 11:51 AM   #6
EZGOOD
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, here's a pic of the ride. It's your basic cart just off of the course. We're slowly figuring things out on it. Volt gauge/meter will be first add on. Lights will follow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SD530988.jpg (130.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg SD530967.jpg (152.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg SD530966.jpg (165.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg SD530970.jpg (139.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 07-30-2010, 02:44 PM   #7
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Jay looks like your cart is pretty good shape for the year.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:57 PM   #8
EZGOOD
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Husker. What's your advice on the lights? Separate battery or wire in to 36v system with converter? or?
Old 07-30-2010, 08:56 PM   #9
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I hate having to charge extra batteries so if you go the extra battery route, install a small solar panel on the roof to keep it charged.

Personally I prefer to use a voltage reducer and draw from the entire pack.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:00 PM   #10
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

I agree with Rabbit on this one, I prefer to just spend the extra money on a voltage reducer and just pull from the pack, hook up to a nice fuse block and good to go.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO