lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
M.Gilbert3
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Front Axle

So for my bent my axle today sort of throwing off my steering. My carts an 89 marathon so i bought a new 89 marathon axle...turns out, the axle in my cart now is an 88. My cart must be an early 89 than if it still has an 88 axle in it? Idno it confuses me. anywhoo what will i need to change to bolt up my 89 axle? I'm thinking i'll need to buy new spindles but idno, will i need to buy them along with newer steering components?
M.Gilbert3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Front Axle

How bad is the axle bent?Post some pics,You could have it straightened in a press,and reinforced,or replace the tube if you are set-up to do so.The other option is hunt down used stuff for the 89 axle(spindles)I think the linkage is the same but not definite.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:56 PM   #3
M.Gilbert3
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

i'm just going out now to mess with my sticky microswitch i'll snag some pics
Old 01-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #4
M.Gilbert3
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

again, sorry for the huge pics

it pushed all the steering components toward the passenger wheel, restraightening the axle should pull the steering back, correct?
Old 01-09-2011, 02:01 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I'd go for straightening,Its' not that bad from the pics.Is the steel wrinkled on the back-side?If so it may tear when you straighten it,Try cold first,then if it isn't cooperating try heating,while pulling it back.Be careful on temperature,its only about 1/8" thick.Use a straight-edge on the front or rear to keep yourself on-track.When you get the tube straight,stand it up like it was in the cart and check to make sure your bent-side spindle is square with the good side.You may have to twist the spindle a little forward or back to get them the same.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:10 PM   #6
M.Gilbert3
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

yeah it pushed the spindle so its tilted back a little bit, i'll try to get it straightened sometime this week, thanks for the help
Old 01-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #7
crash12888
Gone Crazy

any chance you can put your spindles in the 88 axle with new bolts? post pic of new axle?
Where you located?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:12 PM   #8
M.Gilbert3
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

i checked my order online and they still haven't shipped it. I may cancel the order before they send it and just try and bend mine back
Old 01-10-2011, 05:53 AM   #9
squiggy
Not Yet Wild

i have an 88 and mine was bent worst than that! straightned it and no problems! that is just like my 88 every thing! take off axle put in vice heat and straightn easy! what really helped was an axle flip! if you look at the spindles their mounted on top axle with two nuts.flip it were the bolts face down gaining you the thickness of the axle 3 an half ". now your weight is on the axle not the nuts!your spindles are angeled up so flip them also or toe in will be to agressive! then your steering lever will be on driver side! now youll need to weld a little but this where you can move axle forward when remounting!had 4" lift now with axle flip 8" total cart seems two steer and drive way better!
squiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:23 AM   #10
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

must be an 88 axle for sure...looks much different than my 89. does it have a lift? looks like the shocks have the lift extensions but no blocks between springs and axle. With the tie rod above the springs it looks like it would bottom out real easy. you may want to keep your order and put the right one back on.
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO