lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #21
tdforlife
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Subwoofer Installation Question

mine beats pretty hard , is it competition or deafening no, but it gets deep if i was gonna do it all over again i do it the same way i did!! You can feel it in your chest though and hear it atleast 2 blocks away . Just remember the sub you pick has to match up good with your amp and with your box. Thats why I went with the pioneer and the amp i bought .I have had good luck with pioneer b4. bigger the sub deeper the bass ,but a 15 is to me a little to sloppy.my wife listens to hip hop so thats why the 12 worked for me.I set up my vision to have heads turn and they do and i get alot of wtf its a golfcart.I have heard some tubes that sounded fantastic b4.
tdforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #22
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I had a pair of 8" tubes years back and they would hit fairly hard. They weren't 12s but they did well. I think the white one in the cart is a 10 and I bet it does sound pretty good.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #23
tdforlife
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

my buddy has some bazookas and they really hit, sound quality is a hard subject cause everyone has there own music preference and how much bass they want.I usually like 10s cause they have a tight bass but for my kinda music it really wasnt a good choice for me.But on the other hand i built a box for a 10 and had a different amp in it and a friend of mine liked the way that sounded better.I built my 12 box to be ported but I hooked it up b4 I ported it and I liked it and was afraid to cut it and be disappointed ..
Old 03-16-2011, 06:32 AM   #24
coondog
Getting Wild

I measured the rear compartment well under my backseat and it is 22(L)x11(W)x12.5(H). I am thinking either a marine 10" Bazooka amplified tube or a 10" sub with a amp.....any other ideas? My may concern is this will be used around camp grounds and don't want it to drain the battery with all the stop & go. Since this is going to be exposed to the weather does anyone have any recommendation on a inexpensive but good sub and amp if I go the sub & amp option?
Thanks
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #25
Chisoxguy13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a 250W 10" Bazooka tube and it sounds really good. It gets washed down with the rest of the cart and keeps on going. That's why I went with the Marine Bazooka
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 193833_10150112353766003_676381002_7126027_2220575_o.jpg (142.0 KB, 41 views)
Chisoxguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:48 PM   #26
tdforlife
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Digging the dash on your cart looks great
Old 03-21-2011, 06:38 AM   #27
coondog
Getting Wild

Chisoxguy13,

That is the exact same Bazooka Tube I am looking at. How is the bass output....Deep or???? I am curious though, what type of wire did you run for power ? Also is it a big power drain? I will using this in a campground setting where there is a lot of stop and go and kind of worried about that.

Thanks everyone for your input
Old 03-21-2011, 08:21 AM   #28
dmax27
Getting Wild

I'll be doing a sound system in my cart this spring. My boat has a Clarion Marine system that sounds great. The system has a 10" sub woofer that puts out deep base. I might try to mount it between the seats facing up. If it doesn't fit there I will mount it in the bag well. The 6 1/2" speakers have separate tweeters and have gerat base without the sub woofer.
dmax27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:37 AM   #29
Chisoxguy13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by coondog View Post
Chisoxguy13,

That is the exact same Bazooka Tube I am looking at. How is the bass output....Deep or???? I am curious though, what type of wire did you run for power ? Also is it a big power drain? I will using this in a campground setting where there is a lot of stop and go and kind of worried about that.

Thanks everyone for your input
It sounds really good for just being in the bagwell. Thought about amp sub combo, but I'm really glad I went this route. Got the wired remote for it as well to be able to control power and freq and mounted it under the cupholders so I could control the sound. I have an extra battery to run the lights, stereo, and neon. got the biggest marine battery WalMart had. When I set it up for Halloween with a converter for all the AC lights I put on it that was the only time I noticed any real draw. Can go all day at the campground with this setup. Always hook it up when it's at the camper though.
Chisoxguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:02 AM   #30
coondog
Getting Wild

Chisoxguy13,

Is your cart gas or electric? Where did you mount the extra battery and is on the charging system or do you have to charge it?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO