lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2017, 08:28 PM   #41
texman38
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Going from (6) 6 volt batteries to (3) 12 volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You are probably safest with automotive chargers. It's not necessary to disconnect the batteries to recharge them when using 3 separate chargers. Chargers only 'see' what is between their leads, not the batteries to the left and right of them.
You can put a 12v charger on each battery and recharge them separately without having to disconnect anything.
Do your cranking batteries a favor and recharge often. Keep the discharge shallow and the charge quickly after use for the best results.
Thanks Scotty, This is the info I needed... so, charging on 2amp trickle charge over night would be best? or regular charging rate? any recomendations on a charger? I plan to buy 3 rv deep cycle to run around my property... i don't have long runs, and can recharge them everyday if need be... cart goes weeks without being used, just doesn't make sense to have a full bank at the expense for my needs? That's my thinking anyway? what do you think? with Advance auto, 30% coupons gets me a deep cycle for $60 each. so for 180 i'm rolling on new batteries for who knows how long... 2 yrs at what i use them most likely... that would be my hope anyway...
texman38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2021, 09:30 PM   #42
garcia0364@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Going from (6) 6 volt batteries to (3) 12 volt

Can I use 3 12v Trojan battery to create 36 volt
garcia0364@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt batteries, battery conversion
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO