lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2011, 06:57 AM   #11
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Convert cc to HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCS View Post
well i found a 80 cc yamaha raptor 4wheeler and i am thinking about pulling the engine and installing it in my cart.just wondering if it is worth my time.
Not a chance. HP can vary with carb size or type,exhaust configureation,length. Maybe on a 4 cycle you could come up with a generic rated HP but could not even come close to figureing actual HP. For istance, I have a Brigg flat head at 212cc that has 5 hp at 3500, I can take the same engine, blue print it , move the cam timing around, advance the ignition timing and raise the rpm and the hp will double. Or you can take another engine with over head valves with 195cc and it will have 6.5hp at 3500.I'm sure there may be a program that one could take all the perimeters of an engine from bore and stroke to port size and angles, carb tpye and size and punch it in and come up with some figure, but I think these are geared more to automotive engines
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO