lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2011, 06:15 AM   #11
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 PDS SRT-8 Build

It doesn't look bad. A pressue wash would do miracles for it. MIght need a little TLC on the battery tray but they all need that. Glad you decided to take it down to the bones. Keep the pics coming. We do love the pics!!!
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2011, 06:53 AM   #12
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

i think it looks pretty good. for the battery tray, get some ospho,ace hardware has it. it will clean-neutralize all of the rust. then a few heavy coats of undercoat. the box in the middle of the floor is your speed controller. it's not waterproof, so afterwashing it down, you may want to check it for excess moisture. also, when start to put it back together, you should get some hd battery cables. at least 4 ga. going to look good!
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:21 AM   #13
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes I am going to remove the Speed Controller and the big thing that all the wires run down to. Sweep it out as good as possible then pressure wash the piss out of it! I am going to probably install the under carriage lights, not to sure. They need 12 volts so I plan to drop a Yellow Optima in one of the bag wells since I have one just sitting around. How do you guys recommend I keep it charged?? I really want to start discussing final touches and get your guys opinions but that is far far away, so I guess there is no point to it right now.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #14
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

there is actually the perfect amount of space on the drivers side of the cart to drop that optima into.... As for charging it, I would suggest a solar panel mounted on the roof personally...... Wire it directly to that lone 12V battery and you never need worry about charging the battery again......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #15
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Oh **** rabbit that's an awesome idea. You my friend have some ideas up your sleeve. That's exactly what I'm gonna do thanks. Okay so I'm going to pressure wash it like Terry said but want to remove the little black box in the floor(speed controller) but not sure exactly how to remove it. Been look g for a write up on it but have turned up blank so far. I'm trying to expose the frame as much as possible for this build. Keep the ideas coming guys!!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #16
ekgguy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

From what I hear, the solar panel chargers work well for keeping those seldom used 12v batteries charged. Saw an episode of GEARZ where they were building the ultimate trailer and they used one there. Supposedly, they wont overcharge the battery either. When it is fully charged, it shuts off.
ekgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:58 AM   #17
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltf1991 View Post
Oh **** rabbit that's an awesome idea. You my friend have some ideas up your sleeve. That's exactly what I'm gonna do thanks. Okay so I'm going to pressure wash it like Terry said but want to remove the little black box in the floor(speed controller) but not sure exactly how to remove it. Been look g for a write up on it but have turned up blank so far. I'm trying to expose the frame as much as possible for this build. Keep the ideas coming guys!!!!
The black box in the floor is the ITS (Inductive Throttle Sensor). My advice is to leave it in place unless you absolutely have to remove it. That way all the linkage will stay exactly in allignment.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #18
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ughhhhhh!!! Okay I won't mess with it. I'm just trying to get the car water proof while I wash it off. I thought someone tx me it was the speed controller. So I'm assuming that's the big black thing with a heat sink in the passenger side? J will be removing that hopefully in the next few minutes. Trying to figure out what size socket is needed to remove the steering wheel. I'm trying to get the last floor pan off but can't with the wheel on. Plus I want to change it out anyways. I did get the dash off and front shock cover. It's getting exciting now getting down to the frame!!!! Keep the advice coming. More progress pics to come tonight....
Old 07-05-2011, 12:06 PM   #19
scvmark
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I see somthing missing on your build.

BEER! Theirs no beer in the pics

thumbnail.jpg
scvmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #20
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltf1991 View Post
Ughhhhhh!!! Okay I won't mess with it. I'm just trying to get the car water proof while I wash it off. I thought someone tx me it was the speed controller. So I'm assuming that's the big black thing with a heat sink in the passenger side? J will be removing that hopefully in the next few minutes. Trying to figure out what size socket is needed to remove the steering wheel. I'm trying to get the last floor pan off but can't with the wheel on. Plus I want to change it out anyways. I did get the dash off and front shock cover. It's getting exciting now getting down to the frame!!!! Keep the advice coming. More progress pics to come tonight....
The unit in the floor is the pedal box and while not "waterproof" the main component in it it the ITS sensor and it is "potted" however, I usually advise that you either leave the cover on it or you remove the cover and the micro out of it before washing. The black box with the heat sink is the controller. I forget what size socket I use to remove the steering wheel.... sorry.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO