lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2016, 04:47 PM   #61
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Newbie - Is my ezgo PDS or DCS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1no33 View Post
So, to be sure I'm following all of this. A TXT with PDS is going to be better than a series TXT. Correct?
No, not necessarily. It depends on what the cart is to be used for.

In very general terms, a Series drive is better for off-road and utility carts, while SepEx drives (PDS and DCS) are better for neighborhood cruising, but there is a huge overlap in the middle.

If you want an on-road cart with a top speed in the upper 20's, it is less expensive to start with a PDS since all it takes is upgrading the controller and solenoid and adding a seventh 6V battery (and charger).

I you want to haul a manure spreader around your farm with a cart, it is better to start with a Series drive.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2016, 06:28 PM   #62
T1no33
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Newbie - Is my ezgo PDS or DCS?

Great stuff on this thread. After reading all of this I am going to part out my 1998 DS Club car and I've purchased a 2013 48V TXT PDS.

You guys are great and thank you.
T1no33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO