lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
chevyguy82
Not Yet Wild

Default neep help asap on g1 can't figure out no spark

i'm still having problem with no spark on 1979 g1. i thought i had it down to pulser coil. just put whole stator assembly in tonight and still no spark. have tried cheap cdi, new plug, checked coil, traced every wire. will turn over in reverse and forward. checked fuses, grounds, power wires, everything. pedal switch seems to work fine. i have ohmed everything with meter coming out motor. brown wire will shock me if i touch it to ground. what else could it be? i am to the point where i am going to take it to a golf cart repair place. closest one to me is about an hour away. please help so i don't have to take it in. i have 1 month till this cart goes to my father for his birthday. thanks guys.
chevyguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2013, 12:13 AM   #2
chevyguy82
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: neep help asap on g1 can't figure out no spark

Got update. I traced wires again. Found black with white stripe wire grounded againt frame under floorboard on right side. Reconnected wire. It will shock me with hand on top of plug wire but still no spark. Have stripped wire on ignition coil to plug and no spark? Does that mean bad coil? I tried one from atv and no spark. Not enough spark to light up spark plug tester.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
motocross77
Not Yet Wild

Sometimes the key ignition gets worn out which causes it to not make a good connection on the contacts. I had this problem when my cart would go forward fine but when you would go to reverse it had no spark. The way I found out was that if I turned and held the key farther in the reverse direction it would then spark.
motocross77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
chevyguy82
Not Yet Wild

I will try that and see. I have taken the ignition switch apart and cleaned contacts. I didn't see anything bad inside. I am ready to just order another coil. If I can't figure this thing out by Friday it is going to repair place. I just hate to pay them 75 an hour for something I could have fixed myself.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #5
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-golf-...item20ce6421d1
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #6
chevyguy82
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the link to owners manual. I am no longer getting power out of orange wire on cdi. Tried key switch idea and no change. I have done the cheap cdi trick and that makes no difference. Do you think both cdi's are bad and coil? The one cdi worked fine in Atv I have. Must have 40 hours of trying to fix this thing already. Almost ready to just buy $300 cdi and new ignition coil. The repair guy I talked to at cart shop said they would try a cdi first. He said they replaced them a lot. He had never heard of cheap cdi fix.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #7
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If you replace the coil go to ebay get one that will fit a quad 2 cycle 250 cc single cylinder, should cost about $12.00. I have been running one for two years. But make sure coil has to have a good ground one wire systems due not work all the time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IGNITION-COI...2cf600&vxp=mtr
Old 01-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #8
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Cool Re: neep help asap on g1 can't figure out no spark

bokkg1 003.jpg

bokkg1 005.jpg

bokkg1 006.jpg
Old 01-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #9
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

any progress?
Old 01-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #10
chevyguy82
Not Yet Wild

No progress took a break from it. The new ignition coil comes in tomorrow.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha