lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #11
chevyguy82
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: neep help asap on g1 can't figure out no spark

Ignition coil did not fix problem. Took cart in to be repaired. Will post what they find next week.
chevyguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2013, 12:02 AM   #12
ferdabutt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

hey let us know what they say. i am having the a similar problem with mine. had a spark when i got it but after i rebuilt the top end and went to fire it up, no spark. followed the owners manual and not much luck. have an ignition coil on the way but haven't switched out the cdi yet though. real curious to what they tell you.
ferdabutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #13
chevyguy82
Not Yet Wild

Just got off phone with golf cart repair place. They told me its the cdi. I have already tried the cheap cdi and that did not work for me. The guy told me he couldnt find a new cdi box. He said if I put in a used one how do I know its good? I found a new one for 300 bucks oem yamaha. Do I buy that one? Also the repair guy says I should buy a new wire harness. Mine has been spliced. As far as I can tell everything looked like it goes where its supposed to go.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:04 AM   #14
ferdabutt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

have you looked at the cheap cdi sticky? http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...i-20-16-a.html
ferdabutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #15
mwar410
Gone Wild
Yamaha

how about the chrysler ignition mod? It sounds like this is going to be expensive, if they replace the cdi and it still doesn't work they are going to say it's the wiring harness. I would take the time and trace back the wiring harness and redo all splices myself.
mwar410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #16
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

It's funny how everyone is so amassed that the wires have been spliced on these carts I mean they are only thirty plus years old and each owner tried to put there own spin on the cart.. good luck..
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #17
chevyguy82
Not Yet Wild

I have tried the cheap cdi. I got to thinking tonight I may have shorted the cheap cdi. So I just put it back in my sons Atv and it fired right up. So does this mean the cdi on the golf cart is good? I am so close to buying a new cdi for 300 but I have this gut feeling that is not the problem. It will take 10-15 days to get an Oem wiring harness for 164.99 from Japan. The cart is one hour away. So far I owe one hour labor 75. Should I just pick it up and redo every splice? I have 3 weeks to get it going before my fathers birthday. The clock is ticking. What do you guys think? What would you do if you we're in my position?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #18
makobuggie
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyguy82 View Post
i have tried the cheap cdi. I got to thinking tonight i may have shorted the cheap cdi. So i just put it back in my sons atv and it fired right up. So does this mean the cdi on the golf cart is good? I am so close to buying a new cdi for 300 but i have this gut feeling that is not the problem. It will take 10-15 days to get an oem wiring harness for 164.99 from japan. The cart is one hour away. So far i owe one hour labor 75. Should i just pick it up and redo every splice? I have 3 weeks to get it going before my fathers birthday. The clock is ticking. What do you guys think? What would you do if you we're in my position?
hello, i have a 81 g1, when i got mine the harness was all cut up, spliced, so i traced hooked up wires, cleaned all the terminals,so i would try to fix the wireing up, did u find a harness for it ? Good luck
makobuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #19
chevyguy82
Not Yet Wild

Yes I found a harness. The repair guy says he can get one from Japan. He says there are actually 2 harnesses both totaling 164.99. I just don't know if I should pay them to replace or if they will even try to splice the wire again. I would just like to pick it up and actually drive it on my trailer instead of pushing it this time.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #20
mwar410
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I wouldn't waste my money on a harness, the wiring is pretty basic. With the wiring diagrams and So your yami won't start stickies above you should be able to find the problem. 34 years is a lot of time for corrosion , chaffing and loose connections.
mwar410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha