lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
Bwilliams
Not Yet Wild

Default Drive Clutch or Driven Clutch

Does anyone have any info on how to determine if the drive clutch or driven clutch is needing repair. 2002 Ez-go with 295CC Robin. Engine was rebuilt due to lack of power and oil blow by in air box, compression checks ok. However cart has no low end power and will not pull even up small hills. Driven clutch was removed and replaced with a friends clutch and there was no noticable difference. With the price of clutches I obviously do not want to replace both clutches if it's not necessary, if this is even the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Bwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Drive Clutch or Driven Clutch

Welcome!Remove the Drive-Belt.Push the outer half of the clutch towards the motor.If it doesn't pop back on its' own the spring is broken,Which will cause it to Upshift very quick,and not have low-end power.Also rock the clutch,and see if you hear rattling of parts inside.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #3
Bwilliams
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info! Springs have been replaced in both clutches with the "torque" springs. When you said rock the clutch with one were you speaking of? Inside of driven clutch looked worn but wasn't bad. Close to withs end with this thing. It shouldnt be this difficult.
Bwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #4
Lavorn
Getting Wild
Yamaha

How do I take off the belt on my 99 ezgo? I don't see any way to make it loose?
Lavorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #5
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

the drive clutch on the motor..push it from the outside toward the motor..it should have a spring in there and when you push it in toward the engine it should slide right back out again

to remove the belt use the clutch on the rear end where the belt is riding high at rest..pull the belt out on one spot and start sliding it over the edge of the clutch while turning it to remove belt..install the same way

i have a 1 inch shorter belt for a lil more torque..its even harder to get on and off but still possible no problems..just gotta roll it off and back on..once you do it it will become easyer
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO