lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2008, 08:51 PM   #11
gardnerphoto
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Refurbished golf cart batteries?

Not really...........
gardnerphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2008, 12:08 PM   #12
gardnerphoto
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

not much...
gardnerphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:27 AM   #13
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

And as of today ?

I'm thinking I might need new batteries, but figured why not try this first just to see if I can notice a difference ? Probably will because it won't cost that much to try.
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #14
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

You can put chocolate frosting on a pile of dog poo if you want to, but you still have a pile of dog poo.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:37 PM   #15
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
You can put chocolate frosting on a pile of dog poo if you want to, but you still have a pile of dog poo.
but it is still better dog poo !
Old 10-26-2008, 04:56 PM   #16
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Ya just can't argue with that kinda logic!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:21 PM   #17
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If you batteries are "tired" and you didn't have $500+ for new ones, why wouldn't someone spend $5 and give this a try before parking it or trying to find the dollars ?

I do think new batteries are the best option and despite the current economy I can afford new ones at this time due to your tax $$$, but I'd rather buy after the winter just because cold weather is tough on them. I might not need them for a couple of years, I gotta work them and see where I'm at.

With Christmas coming up, other might not have the money at this time, these folks could benefit from trying the "Epsom" treatment.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:27 PM   #18
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Will this subject of trying to refurb dead batteries ever end?
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:17 AM   #19
vrex
Not Yet Wild

This procedure doesn't exactly make sense to me. Wouldn't it be better to drain the battery acid, then fill them completely with the epsom salt solution, let them sit for a week or two, then pour the liquid out, rinse the inside of the battery with distilled water, and then refill with fresh battery acid? Seems like that would do a better job of cleaning the plates and wouldn't contaminate the acid that is already in there.
vrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:01 PM   #20
dereckbc
Gone Wild

Well I maybe new to the forum and cart modification, but I do know a fair amount about battery technology, I design a lot of 48 and 24 volt battery plants for telephone companies, we use the same batteries you use in carts.

There two types of battery degradtion. One is corrosion on the grids of the positive plates. IT is normal and not reversible. It is what will kill the battery. When the positive plate is dissolved, it is over. The process is accelerated by charging constantly at higher voltages. Gives good capacity performance, but shortens the life.

The other problem is sulfation which is reversible. It is caused by lower charging voltages which extends battery life, but like I said it is completely reversible. Now with that said Epsom Salt folks is not the answer, that is crazy.

Sulfation is reversed with an EQUALIZATION charge. Which means charged at a higher voltage once the battery is fully charged.

For Trojan 36 volt systems an EQ charge is 46.5, and for 48 volt systems it is 62 volts. Duration is for an hour or two while closely monitoring water level and specific gravity The Trojan Web site will tell you how often and when to do it. Follow the directions very closely, and do it on cool days.
dereckbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO