lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
xltaylorlx
Not Yet Wild

Default Going dead quick and not much power

We bought this golf cart a few weeks ago and it wont climb a hill for crap. I can barley even put it on the trailer. Now it is dying much faster. Only 25 +/- ride time till its completely dead. The guy we bought it from ran a golf cart rental shop and said the batteries were new and in good shape(obviously that was a lie). But we road it there and it seemed fine.

So I checked the batts and come to find out one is a 8v battery and the rest are 6v. I couldnt find anything online about this ever being done so I dont know if this could be part of the problem? Also, I metered them and the 6v batts are at 6.20-6.22. The 8v is at 7.92.

When riding at night after about 25 mins the lights will almost completely go off when the pedal is all the way down. Then when the pedal is released the lights with come all the way back up.

The electronic accessories consist of lights, horn and a battery meter which doesnt work half the time. So not much to be sucking battery power.
xltaylorlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #2
xltaylorlx
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Going dead quick and not much power

Crap guys im sorry. This cart is an EZGO. I posted in the wrong section. Sorry. If it could be moved that would be great.
xltaylorlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
Bill
Getting Wild

You need to get that 8V battery out of there.

Battery's are charges in a series so the charger looks at the total pack voltage.
The charger has no way of knowing there is an 8V battery in there so it charges like there are 6 6V battery's.

I would try to find a used 6V battery and see what happens.
Unfortunately the rest of the battery's are probably toast from being undercharged and and then discharged but You never know and might be able to get by for a while.
New battery's will be in Your future though.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You need to go back to the dealer and ask for a 6v to replace the 8v and ask him to perform a draw down test on the pack and ask for the results (in minutes of run time) 100 minutes is good. What batteries are in it?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO