lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2015, 08:25 AM   #1
weaselorlando
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Troubleshooting TXT PDS no go cart

I have a 2005 TXT Pds standard cart. We were out running around on it for about 1 1/2 hours with some out of town guest. 4 adults. Stopped for an hour and than attempted to continue our drive. The cart would attempt to move for about 6 inches and stop. I have read through other threads and had a few questions with troubleshooting this.
- Solenoid does click with peddle being pressed.

-I put the cart in the diagnostics mode both under a load and with the rear wheels off the ground. I don't get any beeps with the wheels off the ground. Do I need to depress the peddle while testing? I did it both ways with the wheels off the ground. Also the motor ran and the wheels turned without stopping with the wheels off the ground. Next, with the cart on the ground, I get 2 codes. 2/1 and than 4/3.

- To safely remove the controller cover, do I want to remove the last negative cable that is going to the controller or another cable?

-I understand how to measure individual batteries, but I am not sure on how to measure the whole pack. Do I measure form the last positive and negative terminals that are going to the controller?

Thanks, Rich
weaselorlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2015, 08:43 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Troubleshooting TXT PDS no go cart

Both codes indicate low voltage supply. what is the pack voltage at rest now? and what does the pack voltage reading drop to when you put the cart in gear and try to go?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:01 AM   #3
weaselorlando
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Where do you place the leads on the dvm to check the pack voltage? I charged the batteries last night and will check the pack tonight after work and post my readings.
Rich
Old 04-20-2015, 09:13 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

When you look at the battery pack you will see all the batteries connect plus to minus (in series). There are only 2 battery posts who's cables do not connect to other batteries, these are the main (+) and (-) terminals. This is where you will read the total pack voltage.
Anxious for your test results
Old 04-20-2015, 09:14 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaselorlando View Post
I have a 2005 TXT Pds standard cart. We were out running around on it for about 1 1/2 hours with some out of town guest. 4 adults. Stopped for an hour and than attempted to continue our drive. The cart would attempt to move for about 6 inches and stop. I have read through other threads and had a few questions with troubleshooting this.
- Solenoid does click with peddle being pressed.

-I put the cart in the diagnostics mode both under a load and with the rear wheels off the ground. I don't get any beeps with the wheels off the ground. Do I need to depress the peddle while testing? I did it both ways with the wheels off the ground. Also the motor ran and the wheels turned without stopping with the wheels off the ground. Next, with the cart on the ground, I get 2 codes. 2/1 and than 4/3.

- To safely remove the controller cover, do I want to remove the last negative cable that is going to the controller or another cable?

-I understand how to measure individual batteries, but I am not sure on how to measure the whole pack. Do I measure form the last positive and negative terminals that are going to the controller?

Thanks, Rich
Before disconnecting or reconnecting anything, flip the Run/Tow switch to Tow.
Otherwise, you might take out the controller.

Disconnecting either the main Negative or the main Positive cable works. In fact, disconnecting one end of any of the cables connecting the batteries in series works. I usually disconnect a cable on the driver's side of the battery pack since my main + & - terminals have several cables and wires on them.

Measure the pack voltage from the last Negative terminal to the last Positive terminal. Labeled B- and B+ in attached drawing.

------------
Sounds like you might have just discharged the batteries too far, or had a battery failure.

Was the hour and a half with 4 people on-board continuous driving, more or less?

Charge the pack and see if it runs normally.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:31 AM   #6
weaselorlando
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Thanks for the explanation on reading battery pack voltage and safely removing power. The driving was somewhat continuous. The batter gage was showing only 1/4 down from full. I guess they still may have been depleted to far or have a bad battery. I did charge the pack yesterday and still have the same problem today. I won't get home tonight until late this evening, so i will take the readings and post them tomorrow morning. I look forward to your reply. Thanks
Rich
Old 04-20-2015, 11:13 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaselorlando View Post
Thanks for the explanation on reading battery pack voltage and safely removing power. The driving was somewhat continuous. The batter gage was showing only 1/4 down from full. I guess they still may have been depleted to far or have a bad battery. I did charge the pack yesterday and still have the same problem today. I won't get home tonight until late this evening, so i will take the readings and post them tomorrow morning. I look forward to your reply. Thanks
Rich
Replace the LED bar-graph battery gauge with a DVM type.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DVM meter and Panel.jpg (43.1 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:37 AM   #8
weaselorlando
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Here are the numbers I found today after a full charge and 24 hours off the charger.
Pack Voltage (standing) 38.7
Individual batteries 6.43 , 6.47, 6.43. 6.46. 6.45. 6.45
Pack Voltage with peddle pushed and rear wheels off the ground 37.8
voltage at battery side of solenoid large terminal 38.7
voltage at controller side of solenoid large terminal 36.8

Rich
Old 04-21-2015, 11:33 AM   #9
weaselorlando
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I checked voltage on J1 , J3, and J4. To be sure , the voltage is read with the peddle pressed? All were reading 37. 6 plus or minus except J1 #6 would drop to zero. The wheels would still spin.

Looks like that is the blue wire going to the "-" side of the solenoid, small terminal? What does that mean?
Rich
Old 04-21-2015, 11:46 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can you try a live load test. Connect the meter and drive the cart. Check voltage drop under hard acceleration preferably uphill.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO