lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2015, 09:47 AM   #1
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Toughest sale ScottyB has ever made in his life....

Me: Hey Scotty....I want to buy a set of your 2-GA soldered and crimped wires for my EZ-GO. I have 8\6-V batt's with 2 in the bagwell.

SB: No problem, order my......bla, bla, bla

Me: Yeah, but I don't need the 3/8" Batt lugs for my Solenoid, just my SD contactor.

SB: Ok, just order part # Bla, Bla, Bla, and since your a good member of BGW, I'll give you a discount of 5-million dollars, thus I will owe you $4.XXXX million.

Me: Ok, but I already ordered part number Bla, Bla, Bal and it was wrong....and I paid with Pay Pal so now what?

SB: Man....LOL (and really...I've...as in Dave) been in the service industry for my entire working life and I know what a PITA people can be...even when your trying to be helpful....but people just "don't get" it ) Ok....but Dave I've sold like 8-billion of these and they all work....so this should be like falling off a log on a hard rainy day.

Me: Ok....

SB: Just order the part number I said

Me: Ok...so I sent an email to what I hope was SB's staff and not to SB.....'cause if SB actually got my last email, he now thinks my IQ is less than -1, and he probably is thinking I hook up the wires to a 220-V dryer plug in my home.

So....please buy something from ScottyB. He's been thru a really rough Thursday morning....and all he was trying to do.....was make a buck. Sometimes....it's just hard to make a buck....no matter how hard you try.....and how easy it looks. Now...excuse me....I have to stick my tongue into this funny looking plug.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2015, 10:35 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Toughest sale ScottyB has ever made in his life....

Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:22 PM   #3
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

some days are like that
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:45 PM   #4
gwh1bass
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Sheeesh you lost me. I have ScootyB's 2 ga cables and battery meter for a stock electrical PDS. GREAT STUFF. If I upgrade the controller, will I write a post like this? I hate being confused.
gwh1bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:46 AM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Scotty didn't make it tough.....I made it tough. All I needed to do was go to the web site....click the button to "BUY" and wait. But.....I started to ask questions......and it went downhill.....on my part....from there. You know.....A guy hands you a hammer and says "don't hit your thumb or it's gonna hurt." So..you take the hammer...and whack your thumb while saying...."Like this?" WHACK!!! Now...your dancing around and blood is dripping on the floor...and the guy is looking at you like your nutz. They guy is thinking...."Why...What...Didn't I just say?"...and your thinking..."Why did I do that?..Why didn't I just listen from the start instead of trying to over-analyze this?"
Old 05-08-2015, 10:57 AM   #6
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Great story!!
rbuggies48IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:39 PM   #7
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

I think our minds are so conditioned to crappy service it's a culture shock to the body.
"What, only 2 minutes to handle my need? I don't have spend the next 1/2 hour telling you how to do your job? It can't be that easy. Am I on Candid Camera?"

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:04 PM   #8
DaveTM
Gone Wild

So....it took me a few days to get my newbie ScottyB wires installed. (it's not a difficult task.....it's my physical limitations that cause this to occur) But anyway....today I finished up the install. And I took my time...did it right. Installed all new zip ties, cleaned all the battery terminals and all SD connectors, motor terminals, controller terminals, even applied some lithium grease to the battery terminal's when I was "done".

However, before I did that "last step"....you know, before I put the rear tires back on and took the cart off of the jack-stands, I figured I'd just turn on the key and check the voltage. (I have a newbie ScottyB in dash volt meter as well. ) So, I turn on the key.....nothing.....Nada....Zip. I get out my Voltmeter, and touch the Neg and the Pos and I get like 51.6 or something. Hmmmm. So, I "poke" around and I get some readings that I should get...and some I get zero...NADA. Hmmmm.

So, I'm looking around...did I forget something? What was it. Oh...yeah....the Positive wire from the last positive terminal to the solenoid. Yeah....I intentionally left that one off so I wouldn't fry anything....but then....I "forgot" to do the actually install of it.

It's all good. Runs in Fwd and Rev. I got "good juice" readings on the in-dash volt meter. I'm to pooped to ride it now....nap and zoom later.

Nice stuff ScottyB.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:17 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Been there.. I actually have started taking off the jumper between the front and rear batteries on the drivers side to "break" the pack. That way I can visually inspect everything near the controller and solenoid to make sure it is all correct with no loose wires..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:44 AM   #10
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Been there.. I actually have started taking off the jumper between the front and rear batteries on the drivers side to "break" the pack. That way I can visually inspect everything near the controller and solenoid to make sure it is all correct with no loose wires..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO