lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2015, 06:37 AM   #1
CanAmMan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default What kind of speed and a couple other ?'s

Checked my speed yesterday and it looks like I am getting around 14mph. I am not really concerned about speed because my 9yr old granddaughter does drive it some, but was just wondering if I should be getting more speed.
Here is what I have..
2000 TXT 36 volt
brand new T-105 batteries
brand new 4g wires
SPM 48500 controller, 400a hd solenoid
8hp motor
25" dirt devil tires.

Now a couple of questions...

While driving on pavement it seems like there is a lot of play in the steering? Could the dirt devil be causing this? There is not a lot of it when riding on grass/dirt (at least I haven't noticed much but will pay more attention when riding this weekend).

Second...

Sometimes when I stop and then press the pedal to go there is no movement but if I just release the pedal and then step back on it it goes. it has only done it a couple of times but just checking to see what might cause this.

Thanks for all your help in advance!!!
CanAmMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2015, 07:36 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What kind of speed and a couple other ?'s

Your speed is okay for a high torque motor. Motors capable of turning really big tires off road do make a lot of speed. Torque and speed are in constant trade off in an electric motor. If you want more of one, you give up more of the other.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:44 AM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: What kind of speed and a couple other ?'s

Your steering is 15 years old. My '98 had a lot of slop when going fast. The rack and pinion and a big brass bushing (bull?) solved most of my problems. Service manual has good instructions. Since I've been known to go over 35 MPH, I ended up replacing the housing, which has bushings that aren't available and would be nearly impossible to replace. Ball joints can also have slop when worn.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO