lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2015, 11:15 PM   #1
jerm97xj
Not Yet Wild

Default Newb here with a 2011 Precedent reverse inoperable question

HELP! Just picked up my first cart today. 2011 precedent 48volt. The reverse does not work at all. Forward works great. Pulled the reverse switch out and checked the resistance in all positions. Switch seems to be working correctly. From the reading I have done it sounds like the reverse switch is wired right into the speed controller. I'm still looking for a connector end view for that. I really don't know where to start.... Any input would be appreciated. Has anyone ever seen this problem before? It's the rocker style switch, NOT the lever style. A side note... there is a wiring harness underneath that does not go anywhere... included is a picture of it. The wires are ALMOST the same colors as the reverse switch wires. HELP!!! THANKS. Well maybe not. Can't figure out how to attach a pic with my Galaxy and tapa talk.
jerm97xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2015, 09:50 AM   #2
jerm97xj
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Newb here with a 2011 Precedent reverse inoperable question

I may have figured it out. I went out this morning and checked for voltage at the switch. I have it but it is only sending it out in one direction (forward). I came to work and did some digging to find the correct schematic. Looks like whoever had it last did not correct the wires on the reverse switch correctly. So the power input is on one side instead of the middle. Im going to go home for lunch and try installing the wires in the correct location on the switch to see if it works.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:45 AM   #3
jerm97xj
Not Yet Wild

That fixed it. Yay me. Just ordered a 6" chineese lift kit with some wheels and tires for it. I REALLY hope it's here before the weekend.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:51 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Newb here with a 2011 Precedent reverse inoperable question

You should get this to help roll those big tires
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XCT400IQ.JPG (93.7 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:22 PM   #5
jerm97xj
Not Yet Wild

I will keep that in mind but my wife would **** a nickel if I spend any more money right now...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car