lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2015, 06:54 AM   #1
PinballDad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile 2008 RXV Battery Voltage Meter on dash

Ok, my stock gage just sucks period. Even when the battery is half used the needle is always pegged at "Full". Never could rely on this pos. So....I bought a digital voltage display off Ebay for like $9 shipped...black. I used a vibrate tool (you know, the kind that plunge cuts) to cut the rectangle hole right above the existing pos stock meter. The width of the blade was perfect for the size of the meter. I then wired it into the existing black and red wires to the original meter. Last, I put a small dab of contact cement on the edge of the hole and meter. Insert and the rest is history. This device even came with a sticker. I put mine on the windshield. It tells you exactly what the conversion is from volts to percentage of battery strength left (works for 36 or 48 vdc). I love this thing. Not sure if there are other threads already here for folks doing this...if yes, then sry. If not, then please check out my pic and consider doing this. It is remarkable.....so precise. I am in battery condition heaven!!!!:):):):)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAM01457[1].jpg (113.4 KB, 0 views)
PinballDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2015, 09:15 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2008 RXV Battery Voltage Meter on dash

Sounds like your stock meter is fubared but new one looks sweet

And what are those round white things?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:31 AM   #3
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Looks like you left your factory gauge hooked up? So now you have both on?

Does your new digital meter turn on and off each time you go from forward to reverse?
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:53 AM   #4
PinballDad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey tennis shoe View Post
Looks like you left your factory gauge hooked up? So now you have both on?

Does your new digital meter turn on and off each time you go from forward to reverse?
I left them both hooked up. Just in case somehow, some way the original starts working again. No biggie for current drain I believe. The meter turns on and stays on when I go through F or N or N. Turns off when key is in off position. The ebay merchant says this display is minimal drain and you can even wire it direct so it stays on 24/7 and not worry about drain. I did not want that solution for hook-up...I wanted the key on and meter on. It was very simple to do as a project. I suggest it for everyone if you wish to have very precise info. for battery status. This thing is unreal how accurate it is. Also works when charging so you can monitor the health of your charger to see how much juice it is putting in your battery pack!
Old 06-08-2015, 10:05 AM   #5
PinballDad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Sounds like your stock meter is fubared but new one looks sweet

And what are those round white things?
Lol...we have a large backyard (1 acre). Wife and I play short game here. Even put a putting green in. From tee(behind house) to pin is about 120 yards. Why walk when you can drive and have cold beer on board!!!!
Old 06-08-2015, 02:23 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

At my property in the country it was 100 yards from the deck to one of the fences.. So got ya.. Could hit drivers the other direction but my brother sculled one once that caught a concrete block and sent it back at us.. That was one of those oh sh@t moments
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 02:39 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Stock battery meter definitly bad. Thats been the whole problem for ya. Looks like problem solved. BTW- the stock meter is not expensive to replace.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO