lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2015, 09:21 PM   #11
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang99x View Post
While I'm not in disagreement, my point is made from the aspect of the old school high wattage bulbs that used to be the "cool blue" craze back in the 1990's. Typical auto headlights run 55watt lowbeam and 65 watt highbeams. The high power blue halogens of that era ran 80 watt lowbeam and 100 watt high beam. The bulb life was no different than stock, but the plug and wires within a couple inches of the plug would melt if no relay was installed. This is what I was speaking of. I've not experienced any difference in lifespan of bulbs on carts in reference to the difference in using 12v or 16v nonreduced.
Now you are mixing apples and oranges! By upping the bulb wattage, you have lowered the resistance increased the current flow proportionately. Of course things are going to get hot when you do that. Bulb life is the same because the composition and construction of the filament and gas mix are different.

Raising the voltage is a different situation and not subject to the same problems as you describe here.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #12
stang99x
Gone Wild

Default Re: Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
Now you are mixing apples and oranges! By upping the bulb wattage, you have lowered the resistance increased the current flow proportionately. Of course things are going to get hot when you do that. Bulb life is the same because the composition and construction of the filament and gas mix are different.

Raising the voltage is a different situation and not subject to the same problems as you describe here.
Ah but what you don't realize is that I also use different bulbs from time to time as well. The stock bulb is, if I recall like 21 watt I think (that may be off a bit as I can't call the watts off the top of my head) and I install a 35 watt bulb so I'm still playing with all apples at this point. I just neglected to mention that
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car