lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2016, 09:36 AM   #1
mountaiinman
Not Yet Wild

Default Drive axle not turning

I was driving my 1996 EZGO Medalist when I heard a noise. When I stopped to look what was wrong, I tried to move and it sounded like clicking noise when I pressed the gas. The motor was turning, but the wheels weren't moving. I took off the differential plate so I can look at the gears and all seems good. There are no shavings of sort in the pan. The drive gear from the motor turns which does turn the drive axle, but when I hold the axle, the drive gear is still spinning but it doesn't seem to engage the drive shaft. Does anyone have any ideas what might be the problem
mountaiinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2016, 09:55 AM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Drive axle not turning

stripped hub
very common problem
hold both wheels and lesion for the noise
Old 09-18-2016, 01:49 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Ausco makes a heavy duty hub right here in the USA. You get One HD hub and 1 new brake drum for $59 if you google around for PK2127
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 02:07 PM   #4
crash test dummy

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/ezgo-heavy-duty-hubs.html

i am not a mosquito
Old 09-18-2016, 03:23 PM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

I agree with the above- That axle nut has to be really really tight, a lot of mechanics leave it too loose and that will cause that failure
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:11 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaiinman View Post
I was driving my 1996 EZGO Medalist when I heard a noise. When I stopped to look what was wrong, I tried to move and it sounded like clicking noise when I pressed the gas. The motor was turning, but the wheels weren't moving. I took off the differential plate so I can look at the gears and all seems good. There are no shavings of sort in the pan. The drive gear from the motor turns which does turn the drive axle, but when I hold the axle, the drive gear is still spinning but it doesn't seem to engage the drive shaft. Does anyone have any ideas what might be the problem
when you say that "when I hold the axle, the drive gear is still spinning but it doesn't seem to engage the drive shaft" just how are you holding the axle?? or are you actually holding onto the wheel? because of you are actually holding onto the AXLE....then you have a broke axle. BUT if you are just holding onto the wheel and it doesn't/won't spin, then most likely you have a stripped hub that the others have described.

IF you were in fact holding onto the wheel, do the test again and when you attempt to make it spin, look at the axle nut....is it spinning?
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO