lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2017, 10:33 PM   #1
hunter99
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default An interesting issue with my voltage reducer

So I bought a 48v to 12v reducer for my 2014 Club Car Precedent project a few weeks ago. I wanted that one as it was plug and play plus it still had an additional wires for other accessories.

Went through and installed my light kit with turn signals, etc today and at the end nothing. No power, nada. Couldn't figure out what the issue could be. Got the meter out and started checking power and noticed nothing was coming back out of the voltage reducer. Went checked everything else to be sure and came back to this. That's when I found the issue. The plugs that to to the bucket harness and the other harness were backward. I had to compare to the wiring diagram a few times to be sure what I was seeing but sure enough they were the wrong ones.

Anyway, I contacted the vendor and i'm not worried about it. My question, anybody thing it fried the voltage reducer? There was literally no voltage coming back out of it. Even the 12v accessory pigtails. I don't think it did but figured I would ask.
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2017, 02:50 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: An interesting issue with my voltage reducer

I would not think so since it was never able to power up.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:56 PM   #3
hunter99
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: An interesting issue with my voltage reducer

We'll I went back through everything one last tie tonight after stepping away for a day. What I found is this. The wiring is actually correct. What is incorrect is the wiring diagram in the instructions. It's an easy fix for them, just change the connector type shown and switch the labeling of the harnesses it is connecting to. That really threw me for a loop.

Anyway, after fully testing, I get power all of the way to the grey connector on the harness that plugs into the converter. When hooked up there is no output voltage. It appears the unit is a dud. Oh well, getting it taken care of and that will be that.
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car