lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2017, 11:08 PM   #1
SEHunter
Gone Wild

Default Reversing contactor wiring options

On a Club Car DS, can the wire that supplies current to the new 6 pin rocker switch (positive) and the wire that supplies current to the negative side of the contactor coils (negative) both come from the wires that formerly were connected to the micro switches at the rotary f/r switch I removed? If possible, I prefer to limit the runs of my positive and negative wires that the rocker switch and reversing contactor coils need.

The diagram I have says pull the positive for the rocker switch center pin all the way from the positive terminal on the primary contactor coil and to pull the negative for the reversing contactor coil all the way from B- on the controller.

I have two different diagrams and the supply for the negative for the reversing contactor coil come from B- at the controller on both diagrams. As for the positive that the rocker switch needs at the center pin, one diagram says pull from the positive at the primary contactor coil while the other seems to say tap in somewhere at the v-glide micro switch wire on the normally closed side. I believe this is the same circuit so that's probably not a contradiction.

All that to ask if the positive and negative I need for the reversing contactor conversion can be found in the bundle that connected to the micro switches original rotary f/r switch...
SEHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2017, 08:55 AM   #2
SEHunter
Gone Wild

Default Re: Reversing contactor wiring options

I have all the batteries removed and the rear body off to make it easier to swap all the components and run new cables and wiring and also to put a new coat of paint on the body but if I put the batteries back in, I could use a multi-meter to find wires in this bundle that have positive and negative pack voltage.

Even then, what I'm not sure of is if the positive wire that needs to run to the center pin on the rocker switch can have voltage at it at all times or if it should only have voltage present when the key is on or only when the primary contactor is closed, etc...Anyone know if this matters?
Old 11-24-2017, 09:25 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The original DS 48v cart had 3 microswitches, you can get everything you need from those wires.

Old microswitch #1, connect the white/black and the green/white wires togheter.

This will be your 48v positive source that only comes ON when the pedal is pressed.

This is probably the best source since it will prevent the reversing contactor from being powered for an extended period if you forget the key switch ON.

Old microswitch #2, the red/white wire is your negative source since it comes directly from Controller B-.

The orange wire goes to the reverse buzzer negative side.

Old microswitch #3, connect the green and the white wires together, this is needed for the throttle signal. Tape the black wire as it will not be used.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 10:05 AM   #4
SEHunter
Gone Wild

Awesome. Exactly what I needed and explained perfectly for the layman like me. Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car