lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2017, 06:34 PM   #1
Fortdick
Not Yet Wild

Default Resistor trouble

I have a 2003 Club Car 36v V Glide. I was trying to adjust my accelerator and noticed my momentary switch inside the V Glide was in bad shape. I replaced it with one the same size I had in my shop.

I don't know if that caused my problem, but when everything got wired back up, the resistor between the orange and yellow cable becomes overheated and starts glowing a bright red. Assuming that is not good, I checked all the wiring and even moved the cables one post higher in the V Glide. Still same problem. There seems to be power running even when the contacts are not touching a post with cables attached.

I am assuming that there is power going to the resistors constantly now, and I want to make sure that there should not be. If that is the case, then I think I put in a momentary that is plus when open instead of negative when open.

Does this sound right? Should I just swap the black and green wires on the momentary switch to make it negative /open, or put the old one back in? Does that make sense?

Any ideas what what else might be causing it?

Thanks a lot for your time and help.

Dan
Fortdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2017, 06:37 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Resistor trouble

It sounds like a microswitch problem to me. The switch inside the V-glide activates the solenoid, which supplies power to the resistors. Have you used a multimeter to ensure the replacement microswitch is good?

I didn’t know CC was still making resistor carts in 2003. Wow.

Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:38 PM   #3
Fortdick
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
It sounds like a microswitch problem to me. The switch inside the V-glide activates the solenoid, which supplies power to the resistors. Have you used a multimeter to ensure the replacement microswitch is good?

I didn’t know CC was still making resistor carts in 2003. Wow.

Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I didn't test it before sticking it in. The old one was working, it just looked bad. If it ain't broke,eh?
Fortdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:03 AM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...oils36vzi9.jpg

If this is the cart wiring diagram typical of your cart, the wiper must be hitting the first contact point.

Make sure the wiper is going all the way down.

Last edited by Tom47; 12-11-2017 at 09:04 AM.. Reason: Wrong image
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car