lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
shasha
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Okay got this, Now another question

Okay so it turns out it was a battery. One keep burning out then it just stopped working. and it was new to. But I got that problem fixed.

Now I have two more questions.
Does anyone have a good way to wire a radio to the golf cart and does anyone know where I can get a full light package. This is a project cart as I said and I'm re building it in some areas.

So any help will be good
shasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2010, 10:55 AM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Okay got this, Now another question

You have 3 options for power to 12 volt accessories.
#1-hook to 2 batterys in your pack to equal 12 volts ( NOT GOOD IDEA RUINS BATTERYS )
#2-add whole pack voltage reducer ( 36 volts to 12 volts ) MUCH BETTER
#3- add another 12 volt small battery to run all accessories off of ( BEST IN MY OPINION ) no problems with static when cart is in motion and not drawing power from cart batterys pack ( I use handicap scooter "sealed" battery often cheaper than voltage reducers ) that can be mounted in any position and can be charged off any auto charger
As to lights I dont know of a built in light kit available for your 1989 CC but there are lots of universal kits available through our forum sponsors.
I personally like the over head radio consoles that connect to top but many install radios in glove box areas with good luck.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

I take it this is for a DS? If you want a reducer/converter, I have one to sell that has never been used. It's good for 36 or 48 volts to 12 volts and is heavy duty - 30 amps.

There are overhead consoles available that mount to your top and everything fits in the console. I'm going a different route that I've seen others do but rarely on a precedent like mine. I'm installing the speakers under the seat on either side of the forward/reverse switch (working on that right now) and then I'm going to install the radio under the dash using a universal underdash mounting box I found online.

For the DS, there are also dash kits that allow you to mount a radio and some will even hold speakers too.

Check out the site sponsors' websites and search by your year and model for what fits.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
shasha
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I dont know if it is a ds or not. That is my bad. I can find out though.
And so the best bet would be to hook it up to another battery and run it off that. Okay. So I will work on that this week.

Now on another note. The motor is starting to make this weird sound that It never did before, Almost like when you stand under a light at a foot ball feild or somehing adn you can hear the electricity going through it or it also sounds like the reverse alarm is always on when its not. Ive checked. Any idea what that could be?
shasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:24 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You are describing the sound of an electrical arc. That is not a good sound in an electric cart.... when you hear that sound stop and feel all the cables to try to find a hot one the source of this noise will result in heat damage to components if you don't find it? Are you sure it comes from the motor specifically? Maybe bad brushes? Try to find the source.... Jack the cart up remove the seat and run the cart with a wheel in the air to find it if needed...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car