lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2010, 12:43 AM   #11
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Melted batt. terminal

You guys, honestly. Please tell what I am doing that you refer to in your post. I cannot fix something that I am unaware of in the first place. **** everybody was nice a few days ago and all of a sudden roady hates me, you hate me, essness hates me, rabbit hates me. What the hell? I am very interested in fixing whatever I have done wrong so please explain.
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #12
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Thanks guys for the repair method, I'm off to the depot now. I've used those hanging lights, etc. Great idea.

Another question, I'm going to use a 3/8 bolt through the obc and then attach my lugs/cables 1g to each side. What type of metal in best because I am carrying volts through the bolt obviously? A very prominent sponsor recommended this idea to me but I forgot ask him what brass, stainless, etc. I will then heat shrink the bolt and put a jam nut in front of each lug. Follow me?
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #13
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgokid View Post
You guys, honestly. Please tell what I am doing that you refer to in your post. I cannot fix something that I am unaware of in the first place. **** everybody was nice a few days ago and all of a sudden roady hates me, you hate me, essness hates me, rabbit hates me. What the hell? I am very interested in fixing whatever I have done wrong so please explain.
Honestly, I really don't hate you. I just wish you would stop posting in a manner that would lead people to believe that you have a decade's worth of experience behind what you are posting. This thread is a perfect example of how you are giving out BAD advise to a member. I've been working on carts for quite a long time and have been using the method I posted about on hundreds of melted battery posts and NEVER once had a problem doing so. It is far easier to spend $5 and fix a battery than to spend $100 buying a new battery when there is otherwise nothing wrong with the battery that has a melted post on it. Maybe at 13, you have unlimited funds to waste on your golf cart, but for the most part, the people that come here are not independantly wealthy and have bills to pay and budgets to consider. I know I for one can't afford to throw $95 away based on a simple melted battery post and I suspect others are in the same boat.

You spoke of "risk of electrical shock". Care to elaborate on that? you spoke of "thousands of other dangers". Care to elaborate on those? These are the type of things that have been bugging the heck out of me for quite some time regarding your posts. If I were an average new member reading your posts, I would have to assume you are knowledgeable about the subject matter, but as an experianced tech, I instead see that you are a young man in desperate need of attention that has a great desire to prove himself in an environment where he is WAY over his head. Get some experience, go volunteer at a local repair shop or a local golf course, then in a few years, when you have some seasoning in you, we might be more inclined to listen to what you have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRS View Post
Thanks guys for the repair method, I'm off to the depot now. I've used those hanging lights, etc. Great idea.
BRS, I apologize for having your thread hijacked in such a manner, I'm glad we were able to assist you in getting your battery repaired. Remember to use 2 wrenches when you go to loosen the top nut after installing the hanger bolt so as not to loosen the whole assembly.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #14
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Rabbit,
Please go here:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/annou...tml#post476886
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #15
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Another question, I'm going to use a 3/8 bolt through the obc and then attach my lugs/cables 1g to each side. What type of conductor/metal is best because I am carrying volts through the bolt obviously? A very prominent sponsor recommended this idea to me but I forgot ask him what brass, stainless, etc. I will then heat shrink the bolt and put a jam nut in front/behind each lug and then land it on to the controller and last batt. in series. Follow me?
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes, Robbie was telling about this method last week. Brass or copper would be best unless you have silver or gold.... But I checked out an OBC I had on hand and it would not take a 3/8ths bolt. 5/16ths was all that will fit it. Let us know how it works out. Don't forget to insulate your hardware from the metal side of the OBC....

Maybe a 5/16ths copper bolt with a few layers of heat shrink on it? ....just thinking out loud.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:58 PM   #17
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRS View Post
Another question, I'm going to use a 3/8 bolt through the obc and then attach my lugs/cables 1g to each side. What type of conductor/metal is best because I am carrying volts through the bolt obviously?
Gold is the best conductor.

I wouldn't use brass. Copper will be fine or steel. If you use stainless be sure and use stainless nuts and stainless washers. I'd use copper or steel. Steel will hold up to repeated use more.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:21 PM   #18
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Wouldn't it be easier to just parallel a 6g cable through the OBC?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:25 PM   #19
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

isn't brass closer to copper on the anodic index than ss? if your crimp terminals are copper or brass, then i think brass would be the best choice to avoid corrosion.
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #20
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm with Gorno on this one.... runa 6 gauge through the OBC and feed the #1 wire around it..... there is a metal plate on one side of that OBC that would give me the willies passing the ground by.....

Also, this would decrease the number of connections you would have to make on that #1 wiring.........
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car