lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
Tv33
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 TXT PDS Multiple Beeps and Stops

I have read many similar threads and many responses, but none seem to have mentioned what finally fixed it. My new to me cart goes great, then suddenly brakes itself to a stop while beeping multiple times (not a fault code). As soon as you hit the gas it goes for a little while until it happens again Batteries are 2010 Trojan 105s and one is bad.

From what I have read It could be a loose connection, a controller, a speed sensor, or a silinoid. I am just hoping that with all of the people with a similar problem, someone may be able to mention what worked for them before I chase my tail.

Thanks!
Tv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 TXT PDS Multiple Beeps and Stops

Welcome

What modifications are done to the cart and how were you driving before it started this?
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:38 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You've most likely got a loose connection or intermittent wire from Reed switch, Keyswitch, F/R switch, Pedal switch or Run/Tow switch.

Those five switches apply B+ (Battery pack voltage) to six pin terminals on the controller and a momentary loss of B+ on any of those pins will put the controller into full regen braking and beeping until cart slows to 2MPH or less.

Things like loss of speed sensor data, over temperature and under-voltage make the controller go into a reduced performance mode, but doesn't turn on the regen barking and it issues a beep code rather than a contentious Beep-Beep-Beep.

About the only way to troubleshoot this problem is to place Run/Tow switch into Two position and disconnect the plugs on the controller and then monitor the respective wires that go to the switches with an Ohmmeter while wiggling the wires and connections.

Here is a schematic that shows which pins to monitor for which switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - PDS.JPG (64.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
Tv33
Not Yet Wild

No mods yet. Just driving around my house on level paved roads. I will try to wiggle the wires while using a volt meter and will post the results.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #5
Tv33
Not Yet Wild

After cleaning all of the connections I was still having the same problem. The battery cables looked a bit rough, so I ordered new ones. Ever since I installed the the problem is gone. Thank you guys for your help!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #6
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

TV 33... isnt that the Myrtle Beach channel???
cableguy_hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #7
Tv33
Not Yet Wild

Could be. It is for Tierra Verde where I live and my unit number for my condo. My generic screen name.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:02 AM   #8
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

I worked on a cart with this exact same problem, never could find it, eventually replaced the controller with a 300 amp Alltrax DCS and the problem was solved.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO