lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
cgray11
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default rxv dc converter

Alright guys I'm getting ready to order a street legal light kit my '09 rxv and am trying to figure out what dc to dc converter to purchase. Is it essential that I go with the oem ezgo converter for like $300 or does another company make a decent cheaper one. I plan on running headlights, tail lights, 12v power and possibly a radio down the road so I want to make sure I have enough juice to do all of those.

I'm new to carts so any input is greatly appreciated

cheers
cgray11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: rxv dc converter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgray11 View Post
Alright guys I'm getting ready to order a street legal light kit my '09 rxv and am trying to figure out what dc to dc converter to purchase. Is it essential that I go with the oem ezgo converter for like $300 or does another company make a decent cheaper one. I plan on running headlights, tail lights, 12v power and possibly a radio down the road so I want to make sure I have enough juice to do all of those.

I'm new to carts so any input is greatly appreciated

cheers
Use the search tool and check at this thread:

2008 RXV Headlight 12v installation. Converter needed?
MiltonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #3
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am tired of maintaining the single battery on my cart so I am plannig on installing a 30amp reducer on my cart. I was looking on Ebay and there is a seller golfcartking512 is there name.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/250977624601...84.m1423.l2649
I have lights and power supply and plan on adding a small amplifier to power 2speakers that is why I am looking at a 30amp unit. I never listen to the radio so I will just hook phone to amp. I am also going to build custom boxes to house speakers just above pedals and another on passenger compartment. this way the speakers will face the occupants. This project will begin in the upcoming weeks. I will post progress.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Was going to say that if you didn't have the lights yet EZ-Go used to sell a deluxe light kit that came with the converter but I don't see it on their site anymore.. One of the sponsors may have it though
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #5
cgray11
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks guys!
cgray11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO