lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: HEEELLLPPPP 2006 ezgo txt 36v non Pds

gofast, When you start helping people get their carts back up and running that is a good thing however when it gets to the point where someone is doing it as a business, that is when, IMO, people start taking offense. Not trying to be ugly but this site is pretty much setup to be a knowledge sharing site so people that take advantage of that are frowned upon.. I will admit I help quite a few of my friends with carts and will get paid for parts but 90 % time my labor is paid for in beer.. the other 10% depends on how cute she is
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I understand there are some parts of the country where good cart technicians are not available and people do need help. That is what this forum does,...we help people with their carts. Some just want help so they have an idea what the problem may be BEFORE they go to the shop. Others simply want to get their hands dirty or save the costs of cart repairs and upgrades.

Our goal here is to provide free help to golf cart owners who share a common interest in this hobby. Assisting a commercial business with 12 ongoing cart repairs is a different story.

I think it is unfair to ask us to take a look at each one of your jobs and tell you how to troubleshoot and repair each one when in the end you get a check and we get the joy of watching your business grow? Not that I'm opposed to see somebody succeed, or even helping a little. It is not fair to us as unpaid contributors to the board to be asked to walk you through each cart repair you take in.

Get shop manuals for all of the carts you want to repair. They have tech tips and troubleshooting trees in them.

I can understand occasionally running into something rare and reaching out for help. Use the search to find similar problems and read alot.... ask alittle.

I will help on occasion but if we are to help daily with a dozen carts we want a check on Friday.

P.S.
After reading your post about how little we helped I can see we won't have a problem. See you later.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #13
gofast67
Gone Wild

ok thank you sir. . I understand what ya'll are saying and that is not what my intent was no matter what you may think. I was honestly needing help on something and by the way there is not much money crossing the desk to help these people out. They are regular automotive customers who I help so I can continue to keep them as auto customers that is all. But by the looks of it I may need to open a small repair shop in my spare time lol.Really guys I mean no harm. Have a Blessed day.Later
gofast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #14
gofast67
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofast67 View Post
Don't worry guys I will not ask for any help again. I kinda thought this was a site to ask for help on things but I guess your only allowed to ask a couple of things. If I were running a golf cart shop I think I would have had a few tech classes by now.Thanks for the lil bit of info you gave though.
yes like this says scotty yall did give me a lil bit on this issue is what this means. Thank you again
Old 01-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #15
gofast67
Gone Wild

ok I have followed scottys sticky note about troubleshooting this cart. I have found when I checked the controller per scottys directions that there is only .26 volts going through controller when pedal is pushed to the floor. I have a total voltage of 38.6 so Im just making sure I did this right and the controller is the only issue here.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO