lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #1
Top Carts 413
Not Yet Wild

Default red/green fault code then it charges

09 36v ez go pds. I got the cart and the batteries had drained down below the 29v neccessary for the charger to turn on and it threw the fault code. I tricked the charger by hooking to another cart and let it charge over night. I ran the cart for 10 minutes or so and when I hooked it back up to do the second round charge it flashed red/greed and then started charging like normal... What would this be? I don't want to sell a cart if I know it has bad batteries... I didn't have time this morning to check voltage across all batteries.
Top Carts 413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: red/green fault code then it charges

Sounds like a "QE" gettin ready to trash another set of batteries. If it is a QE, that charger doesn't come very highly recommended and I've seen a lot of posts showing where it is a troublesome charger, not saying yours is bad. I had one that was DOA when I bought my cart. Just FYI - RAY

Last edited by bigstik40; 01-25-2013 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: added explanation...
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

So you're saying you plugged the charger into the cart then ran some jumper canles to another cart to get it to kick on? Did you check the voltage after it charged and after you drove the cart for 10 minutes? Take a reading of each battery voltage and post here. Also does the charger charge the other cart fine?
Bmatlock00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Carts 413 View Post
I ran the cart for 10 minutes or so and when I hooked it back up to do the second round charge it flashed red/greed and then started charging like normal... What would this be? I don't want to sell a cart if I know it has bad batteries... I didn't have time this morning to check voltage across all batteries.
If you are getting a single red flash and then it goes to flashing green, check the AC outlet it is plugged into and clean the contacts in the charger's plug and cart's receptacle.

The charger senses the battery pack voltage via the Auxiliary contact in the charger plug touching the outside of the negative Radsok in the cart's charge receptacle.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
Top Carts 413
Not Yet Wild

I have heard the chargers are trash also but this one charges the other identical cart just fine.

The fault code is red/green red/green red/green and then blinks green like normal.... That's what is throwing me off. I swapped out the solenoids to see before I learned how to trick the charger. The cart seemed to drive fine this morning in the 10 min test run. I will check each battery this evening and see what I come up with.

Thanks for the help!
Top Carts 413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Carts 413 View Post

The fault code is red/green red/green red/green and then blinks green like normal.... That's what is throwing me off. I swapped out the solenoids to see before I learned how to trick the charger. The cart seemed to drive fine this morning in the 10 min test run. I will check each battery this evening and see what I come up with.

Thanks for the help!
The red/green sequence is normal startup on all eight of the QE chargers in my stable.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO