lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2014, 11:05 AM   #1
dcotton4
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Muffler rattle 91 marathon 3pg

I just bought this cart and I am doing some upgrades and normal maintenance and have discover that most of my noise is coming from the baffles rattling in the muffler. Anyone else ever remedy this? I do know that a new 600.00 muffler is NOT a option lol.
dcotton4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2014, 03:29 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Muffler rattle 91 marathon 3pg

a couple of threads here tell stories about people attempting to repair and repack their 2-stroke mufflers, generally though without complete success, either the backpressure is wrong and the carts run poorly or the muffler ends up being louder than stock ... Not to say it *can't* be done, it's just not something that has a widely-accepted easy DIY solution.

That said, 3PG mufflers are out there for a heck of a lot less than $600, start with the site sponsors, a lot of them have gret connections and can save You some money or possibly even help You locate a decent used one reasonably
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:22 AM   #3
redcloud
Gone Wild

Take the muffler off and see if the mounting system below the muffler is not cracked. Lots of vibration in that area and I have had to weld up my base two times in three yrs. I now have a peice of muffler wrap laying under the muffler and it seems to haver solved that. Gives a real good vibration noise and sounds like a muffler but was a buzzing loud vibration that came and went with engine rpm. Take a look at yours and maybe, if you are lucky.....
Have heard of guys also if the muffler has a loose baffle, they located the area and hammered in the muffler with a dent to tighten. Only a recoarse if you know it is the muffler I would say.
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:35 AM   #4
dcotton4
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Awsome thanks! I will check my bracket
Old 10-31-2014, 10:05 AM   #5
dcotton4
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well went out and removed my muffler and low and behold the 4 carriage bolts that hold the muffler cradle were all loose and rattling! A BIG thanks to redcloud!
Old 10-31-2014, 08:54 PM   #6
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Double check the motor mounts around the base.. They can develop cracks that will sound like the engine is about to blow. You can weld them back if cracked
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO