lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2014, 10:17 AM   #1
khaosweapon
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Question Yamaha adventurer 2+2 parts question

Does the Yamaha adventurer 2+2 use the same dash parts as the G29 drive? I am trying to get the dash locking glove boxes or a different insert where the cup holders are and I want to know if they are the same in the dash.
khaosweapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2014, 01:15 PM   #2
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha adventurer 2+2 parts question

I installed this dash in my 2011 YDRA and a friend installed the same dash in his 2013 YDRA Concierge 4- passenger cart. http://www.justgolfcarts.com/sayadrcuda.html I looked up your adventurer and it appears to be the same. This dash looks good and works out well for us it is nice to have covered storage on either side of the cart. The locking glove boxes are not that secure as they are plastic latches and can be forced open easily so don’t use it to secure valuables. The dash comes with double sided tape to secure it the existing dash area. This didn’t prove to be secure enough so I used two 1/8” pop rivets just inside each glove box door to secure the lower portion of the dash and three ¼” plastic push in fasteners across the top portion to secure the top. http://www.lowes.com/Search=automoti...ive+fasteners#!

The center cup holder portion of the dash in my unit was weathered looking so I refinished it with RustOleum Truck Bed Coating I get at Wal-Mart. Note: the center section of the dash comes out by removing the center screw and just lifting it up and pilling to the rear. After installing the new dash cover the two pointed corners on either side of the hinged area on the cup holder can be difficult to reinstall, so I trimmed them short enough to make reinstallation easier. The reason for this is that access to the electrical components located in the center dash area is under the cup holder.
Robert
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:58 PM   #3
khaosweapon
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha adventurer 2+2 parts question

excellent feedback thank you.
khaosweapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:07 PM   #4
Specularius
Not Yet Wild

Yes all the drive G29 parts will work. I added the locking glove box doors to my 2+2.
Specularius is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha