lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2015, 10:30 AM   #11
rocko
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ezgo Work Horse /Honda TRX250 drive train

If I don't put the springs on top and use the thru bolt ball joints and spacers that are supplied in the Jake's spring flip kit then I think it wouold work like it is , it doesn't hit the leaf right now while doing all the way on the steering , but that is with out radical bumps
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2015, 10:37 AM   #12
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Did you try with a couple people on the cart?
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 05:00 PM   #13
rocko
Gone Wild

I ran into a problem with the Jake's spindle , cost me a little money but a lot of time , the Jake's spindles' cotter ket hole is drill close to the end of the spindles' shaft , when I thread the castle nut all the way in till it contacted the outer bearing , the hole for the cotter key totally missed the nut and the nut would turn a couple of times before even hitting the key , it never had spindle washers on the cart to start with , and the oem spindles hole was a lot farther in from the end , went to about every Auto parts around and finally found the washers at a boat dealer , same nut , washer and cotter in a 1 inch spindle boat trailer set up that was sold only as a set , both sides cost $11 , got two nuts , 2 washers and 2 cotter keys , the washer put the key where it needed to be , could have been worst
Old 05-16-2015, 07:53 PM   #14
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Glad to see you got it figured out. I'm pretty sure I didn't have that issue when doing the spindle lift on the last EZGO I had. It sucks when things like that happens.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:23 AM   #15
rocko
Gone Wild

a little tuff to see in pick , the OEM EZGO spindles' cotter hole is center in the 5th thread , the Jake's spindle is the second thread , the kit underneath the spindles is the same nut , the perfect thickness washer but you need to go up 2 diameter sizes on the cotter ----- the spacers to convert EZGO to Honda are being made 2 inches thick and I am going to have to grind a little out the id of the aluminum rims' center to let the bearing buddies slide thru , and the tires should be perfect in line with the body flares -------- in the rear I got 2 - 2 inch spacers , I had to have my buddy at his machine shop bore out a hole on the back side of the spacer as the 85 1/2 Honda TRX250A hubs have a lip on them , where the 86-up doesn't , it was an extra step but it really locks the spacer to the hub and will help to keep it from coming loose
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1145.jpg (127.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-17-2015, 05:41 PM   #16
rocko
Gone Wild

leaves on top the axle , going to flip the springs next , then add blocks under the rear of the front leaves
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1155.jpg (291.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-17-2015, 05:44 PM   #17
rocko
Gone Wild

had to cut one shock off as the stud was destroyed , any one know which shocks will replace oem with the axle flip , no sence in buy a nea shock and putiing shock extentions on them , if i am going to have to buy one and shock extentions it would be better to buy 2 shocks that fit
Old 05-18-2015, 07:09 AM   #18
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

You didn't use your hitch receiver? don't know about the shocks but wouldn't
use car shocks designed for a 3000 lb car, maybe something for an atv?
Old 05-18-2015, 07:46 AM   #19
rocko
Gone Wild

No I don't plan on using the hitch , I have another WorkHorse with a drop axle kit in it and had the hitch , tried to move a small trailer with it as it is really easy to steer a trailer with the hitch on the front and I bent the hell out of the hitch ------- on a good note I was able to order the hardware kit from the Jake's leveling kit for a Workhorse with the drop axle an it comes with two outer tie rod end (eyelets as they call them ) , 2 riser spacers , 2 thru bolts and nuts and the 6 bolts and nuts to squeeze the leaf spring retainer plates , it was $39 for that , I have to find some shocks that will work
Old 05-18-2015, 09:01 AM   #20
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

I never used the hitch (as a hitch) just thought it was a good platform for the springs and tied things together.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO